• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

I can’t help but feel like the Angels are going to get completely ass fucked by the end of all this.  Fucked vibes. 

sorry guys, I’m not pretending that things are good when we come up with a bunch of 3rd and 4th tier guys and maybe unload valuable farm assets for like Matt Boyd or whatever.  Consigned to mediocrity again.  Cool. 

the situation right now is that our farm system is weaker then it was at the beginning of the week.  All of the top pitchers are gone and we didn’t get any of them.  The value add guys are gone.  Grandal is off the table.  Even Moustakas is off the table.  We don’t have anything but Dylan Bundy.  We’re reduced to hoping for some dramatic trade and somehow beating the Dodgers out for Rendon.  it’s extremely fucked. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

The more I read between the lines, I think Cole wanted to play for the Yankees and he told Boras to just use the other teams (and Mystery ones) to drive up the price. 

Cole probably knew two days ago he wanted to play for the Yankees.

Boras isn't stupid, he's not going to burn a bridge when his other clients could potentially go to the Angels.

Then Boras has to convey that to the Angels.  

A few days ago CBS had an article listing the all decade MLB team for the 2010’s and the projected all decade team for the 2020’s. Trout was on both lists while Adell was included in the 2020 list. He made the cut as one of the top 3 OF’ers for the next decade. No player should be untouchable and while this was just a speculation list it shows that some people think very highly of him. A talent like him under club control is extremely valuable especially given how we see FA turn out.  You only move him in a very good deal. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I can’t help but feel like the Angels are going to get completely ass fucked by the end of all this.  Fucked vibes. 

sorry guys, I’m not pretending that things are good when we come up with a bunch of 3rd and 4th tier guys and maybe unload valuable farm assets for like Matt Boyd or whatever.  Consigned to mediocrity again.  Cool. 

the situation right now is that our farm system is weaker then it was at the beginning of the week.  All of the top pitchers are gone and we didn’t get any of them.  The value add guys are gone.  Grandal is off the table.  Even Moustakas is off the table.  We don’t have anything but Dylan Bundy.  We’re reduced to hoping for some dramatic trade and somehow beating the Dodgers out for Rendon.  it’s extremely fucked. 

I'm with you in these feelings. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I think we got fucked by not getting Wheeler, not Cole. 

We could have easily gotten Wheeler and one of Ryu/Bumgarner and possibly a Rendon and Donaldson, or scratch Ryu/Bumgarner and trade for a SP. 

By not making Wheeler their first priority it was a mistake. I also don't want to hear about his wife being close to her old home in Philly either. 

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

A few days ago CBS had an article listing the all decade MLB team for the 2010’s and the projected all decade team for the 2020’s. Trout was on both lists while Adell was included in the 2020 list. He made the cut as one of the top 3 OF’ers for the next decade. No player should be untouchable and while this was just a speculation list it shows that some people think very highly of him. A talent like him under club control is extremely valuable especially given how we see FA turn out.  You only move him in a very good deal. 

The way the Angels work in FA is all the reason to hold on to him 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

We could have easily gotten Wheeler and one of Ryu/Bumgarner and possibly a Rendon and Donaldson, or scratch Ryu/Bumgarner and trade for a SP. 

By not making Wheeler their first priority it was a mistake. I also don't want to hear about his wife being close to her old home in Philly either. 

There is a real possibility that players simply don't want to play for this org. I may be way off but it is a possibility

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Well Wheeler said he wanted to be back east so I have no idea how reasonable it was.  I just don't know.  

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I’m not gonna change my tune on Cole.  I would have been happy doing whatever to get him.  I get that we didn’t go there and like I’ve said.  I’m not mad at the FO.  I’m disappointed it didn’t work out.  Completely get what you’re saying on Wheeler.  Whatever the deal was, we didn’t get him.  Add him to the list.  If we have Wheeler or even Gibson right now.  Imagine if we had Grandal.  Things would feel a lot different.  Anyway.  Hope for the best I guess.  48 more hours of this bullshit.  If nothing gets done we’ll probably be in for a miserable slow grind for whatever they do.  And whatever that may be has a really, really solid chance of being disappointing. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not gonna change my tune on Cole.  I would have been happy doing whatever to get him.  I get that we didn’t go there and like I’ve said.  I’m not mad at the FO.  I’m disappointed it didn’t work out.  Completely get what you’re saying on Wheeler.  Whatever the deal was, we didn’t get him.  Add him to the list.  If we have Wheeler or even Gibson right now.  Imagine if we had Grandal.  Things would feel a lot different.  Anyway.  Hope for the best I guess.  48 more hours of this bullshit.  If nothing gets done we’ll probably be in for a miserable slow grind for whatever they do. 

It's hard to be an Angels fan. It always feels like the org is a few steps behind. I'm also a Redskins fan so I am use to the disappointment 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The more I read between the lines, I think Cole wanted to play for the Yankees and he told Boras to just use the other teams (and Mystery ones) to drive up the price. 

Cole probably knew two days ago he wanted to play for the Yankees.

Boras isn't stupid, he's not going to burn a bridge when his other clients could potentially go to the Angels.

Cole knew he wanted to play for the Yankees when he was drafted by them back in 2008 in the 1st round pick #28 out of OLU... He was very close to walking away from UCLA then, but had made a commitment and went on to UCLA anyways. Always in the back of his mind he wondered what would had been when he was drafted by them. When you've got guys like Jeter and Pettitte chatting you up as a high schooler you always remember that!

They ran Pettitte back on him due to the relationship from before in 2008!

I've said it before. The only way he was signing here was if, the yankees showed zero interest!

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well Wheeler said he wanted to be back east so I have no idea how reasonable it was.  I just don't know.  

I think it was pretty clear that Wheeler wanted to stay close to home.  It seems like it was pretty important to his wife.  If all he cared about was money, he would not have signed until Stras and Cole did.  If he was still a free agent right now, he would end up signing a bigger deal than the one he got.

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Cole knew he wanted to play for the Yankees when he was drafted by them back in 2008 in the 1st round pick #28 out of OLU... He was very close to walking away from UCLA then, but had made a commitment and went on to UCLA anyways. Always in the back of his mind he wondered what would had been when he was drafted by them. When you've got guys like Jeter and Pettitte chatting you up as a high schooler you always remember that!

They ran Pettitte back on him due to the relationship from before in 2008!

I've said it before. The only way he was signing here was if, the yankees showed zero interest!

The Angels offered him far less $ than the  Yankees did. Boras clients generally follow the $. 

Yeah, I don't buy that the Angels' were left in the dark by Boras. I think they were probably told its going to take more than that to get Cole and then thats when the message changed and it came out they were interested in Rendon, Donaldson, possibly Price...and I know the reddit guy has been shamed around these parts; but you can't deny the accuracy of what he posted yesterday. 

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Yeah, I don't buy that the Angels' were left in the dark by Boras. I think they were probably told its going to take more than that to get Cole and then thats when the message changed and it came out they were interested in Rendon, Donaldson, possibly Price...and I know the reddit guy has been shamed around these parts; but you can't deny the accuracy of what he posted yesterday. 

Did that Reddit guy say anything about Rendon?

Im convinced he knows shit now.