• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

Just now, Lou said:

are you saying willing to spend $280M, the most ever on a pitcher, is proof that Arte is unwilling to spend? 

This.

Its.... a "letdown", to hear we didnt offer 3. But not outbidding NY doesnt mean anything. It wasn't going to change anything unless we offered like 10/400. The yankees were already great. They shed ellsbury and CCs money... they werent going to lose this one.

I think some here assume we knew the yankees offer, and refused to match it. I think the reality was we offered 50 or so more than the saturday rumor (246 or something), and boras brought out counter back to NY.

It was annoying saturday night... but when gammons said "yanks werent denied, dodgers and angels will learn", he was telling the truth.

Just now, Lou said:

are you saying willing to spend $280M, the most ever on a pitcher, is proof that Arte is unwilling to spend? 

I have to wonder how serious the Angels were about signing Cole since they offered less than what everyone knew the Yanks were offering.

I don’t doubt that Arte is willing to spend, but I am concerned with Eppler not being aggressive enough.

2 minutes ago, failos said:

I have to wonder how serious the Angels were about signing Cole since they offered less than what everyone knew the Yanks were offering.

I don’t doubt that Arte is willing to spend, but I am concerned with Eppler not being aggressive enough.

how did you know what NY was offering? When the deal was announced, everyone was surprised.

For those worried that Rendon might want to play at home. 

“There will be no home field advantage for the Rangers.If they are going to sign third baseman Anthony Rendon, it’s going to be based on the contract offer and the prospects for winning. It’s not going to have anything to do with the fact that he was born, raised and still resides in Texas.“

Rendon is reportedly seeking at least seven years and the benchmark for annual value is the deal Nolan Arenado signed with Colorado in 2018. That averaged $32.5 million.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2019/12/11/what-anthony-rendons-lack-of-geographical-preference-means-for-the-rangers-and-their-pursuit-of-the-third-baseman/

Just now, Lou said:

how did you know what NY was offering? When the deal was announced, everyone was surprised.

We all knew it would take $300M+
We were surprised at how much more than $300M, sure, but the buzz was that the Yanks were going all in for Cole.

Eppler’s offer to Cole is as worthless as my offer to eat Scarlet Johannson’s butthole

Just now, SoWhat said:

“There will be no home field advantage for the Rangers.If they are going to sign third baseman Anthony Rendon, it’s going to be based on the contract offer and the prospects for winning. It’s not going to have anything to do with the fact that he was born, raised and still resides in Texas.“

Rendon is reportedly seeking at least seven years and the benchmark for annual value is the deal Nolan Arenado signed with Colorado in 2018. That averaged $32.5 million.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2019/12/11/what-anthony-rendons-lack-of-geographical-preference-means-for-the-rangers-and-their-pursuit-of-the-third-baseman/

7/230 would be terrific. Sign him already, Eppler

1 minute ago, failos said:

We all knew it would take $300M+
We were surprised at how much more than $300M, sure, but the buzz was that the Yanks were going all in for Cole.

Eppler’s offer to Cole is as worthless as my offer to eat Scarlet Johannson’s butthole

how did you know it would take $300M?

5 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

That is perfectly reasonable. Get it fucking done.

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Lol that sounds like what people were saying with us and Cole.

”Maybe they already got a deal done and they’re using the Yankees to drive up the price”. 

Lmao. I think we’re getting Rendon. Or the Dodgers are. I don’t think Texas can play at this level.