• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

Just now, Taylor said:

Have at it, libs.

I absolutely wanted him and I would have been happy if we got him for the price the Yankees got him for.  That being said I completely understand there has to be a limit.  He is worth that he is about to get paid, sure for the first 5 or so years I have no doubt he is worth it.  After that it is anyone's guess.  Also since it is a pitcher he is one injury away from being a $300 mistake.  I simply hope they make good decisions going forward and the best decision they can make is Rendon because he will earn his contract, the stars usually do (Albert agrees).

7 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

Uh, what does Rendon not wanting to play with Harper have to do with the Angels? 

3 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Are you nuts?  Trout isn't Harper.  Trout never tries to overshadow anyone.  What a stupid comparison. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

I can't see Rendon wanting to be a teammate of Odor.

If he doesn’t want to be overshadowed by another star player, he’s not going to want to sign here.  I don’t think Trout will necessarily try to overshadow him, but if he wants to be THE guy on a team, it won’t happen here

12 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

If he doesn’t want to be overshadowed by another star player, he’s not going to want to sign here.  I don’t think Trout will necessarily try to overshadow him, but if he wants to be THE guy on a team, it won’t happen here

He wouldn’t have hired Boras if all he cares about is being the best player on a team. He’d essentially be ruling out a lot of teams, then. 

I also can’t imagine any player thinking that way.

13 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I don't think that is what he means by being overshadowed.  I think he is referring to all the baggage that Harper brought with him due to his attitude, clubhouse and so on.

15 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I can’t even get excited about the possibility of signing Rendon when I know just how crappy our rotation is. 

God dammit

Fortunately, the organization should be able think about more than one thing at a time.  Think of this as like the draft, and you're taking the best player available at this moment.  Try to get Rendon, but also work on the next steps most of which include pitchers.  Rendon also creates flexibility, he can move to first, or continue at third, after Pujols hangs it up.  We can also continue to trade extra infielders for pitching, any kind of pitching including relievers, as long as they are durable and effective.