• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The more I think about it, the more Im convinced we wouldnt have given up so soon on cozart if we werent able to get some value back at 3B, like an anthony rendon type.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I like it. Sign Ryu and trade for a Robbie Ray type and the lineup gets a HUGE boost. Trout will have legit protection everyday. How nice will that be?

Just now, Bronson said:

Honestly the more I think about it the more I like it. Sign Ryu and trade for a Robbie Ray type and the lineup gets a HUGE boost. Trout will have legit protection everyday. How nice will that be?

Meh, its still COLECOLECOLE for me, BUT..... its likely we dont get him.

Rendon is a hell of an add if we get him.

Pitching would still need a ton of work, but getting his bat opens a huge trade market for us, and like you said, a lesser starter.

We can still improve this team without Cole.

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The more I think about it, the more Im convinced we wouldnt have given up so soon on cozart if we werent able to get some value back at 3B, like an anthony rendon type.

What do you mean? So soon on Cozart? Do you think Cozart was in the Angels everyday plans? For me I just figured by spring training he’d be cut or packaged with something and traded away. I am just shocked we got out of his entire contract. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

What do you mean? So soon on Cozart? Do you think Cozart was in the Angels everyday plans? For me I just figured by spring training he’d be cut or packaged with something and traded away. I am just shocked we got out of his entire contract. 

No. Was making a stupid joke. Cozart was likely going to be released.

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Priority #1 IMO. You fail at getting an ace like Cole, you get the best offensive player available. 

Sign a couple arms or sign on and trade for one and you're looking good in 2020. 

Cole had a .4 higher WAR than Rendon in 2019. 

Annotation 2019-12-10 224240.png

Eppler needs to sign Rendon and acquire another two good starters (they won't be on Cole's level, but they don't need to be). It would at least still give the Angels a fighting chance for the postseason.  If he whiffs on Rendon, he may as well just start thinking about his next job already.

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

Eppler needs to sign Rendon and acquire another two good starters (they won't be on Cole's level, but they don't need to be). It would at least still give the Angels a fighting chance for the postseason.  If he whiffs on Rendon, he may as well just start thinking about his next job already.

100 percent GIF

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

He turned down 7/210 right? I’m assuming after his season and this market he’s going to want something around 7/$234. Maybe 8/264? 

If we settle for Donaldson, Eppler better sign his resignation letter with the same pen Donaldson uses. 

7/210 had deferred money which he wasn't a fan of. 7/210 without deferred money could be enough, obviously completely dependent on the market.

Just now, Bronson said:

Would you trade Marsh (and more obviously) for Syndergaard?

Depends upon what "more" means. Marsh plus a couple decent prospects, yes, probably. I love Marsh and don't think Syndergaard will ever be as good as he was in 2016, but "Thor" is still very good - about as good as Zack Wheeler, but a couple years younger. He's still only 27, throws 98 or so, and has two years left of club control. That's a valuable commodity.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Depends upon what "more" means. Marsh plus a couple decent prospects, yes, probably. I love Marsh and don't think Syndergaard will ever be as good as he was in 2016, but "Thor" is still very good - about as good as Zack Wheeler, but a couple years younger. He's still only 27, throws 98 or so, and has two years left of club control. That's a valuable commodity.

Idk Marsh, Adams, Barria and Fletcher...

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Next question (for everyone).

You sign Rendon....

Is Adell still untouchable?

Everyone relax, Im not suggesting that. That said, if Adell was moved for X, hypothetical young pitcher who projects as a 1, and Marsh took over RF in 2021 instead of Adell in 2020....

Again, Im not suggesting it. But I wouldnt totally oppose it, if the pitcher was in the same class.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Next question (for everyone).

You sign Rendon....

Is Adell still untouchable?

Everyone relax, Im not suggesting that. That said, if Adell was moved for X, hypothetical young pitcher who projects as a 1, and Marsh took over RF in 2021 instead of Adell in 2020....

Again, Im not suggesting it. But I wouldnt totally oppose it, if the pitcher was in the same class.

For me Adell is always untouchable. He’s too important for our future. 

I have no idea what the Angels should do at this point.