• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

1 minute ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

See Pujols, Albert. Also see Hamilton, Josh. 
I want the Angels to actually be good in the future. Hashing out $324M for the decline years of a SP would have made that more difficult. 

Also, waiting for your fantasy team of 25 year old effective major league players makes winning difficult.  We have Mike Trout in his prime now.  We need to win now.  

4 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

See Pujols, Albert. Also see Hamilton, Josh. 
I want the Angels to actually be good in the future. Hashing out $324M for the decline years of a SP would have made that more difficult. 

See Vlad Guerrero and Bartolo Colon. 

I think FA is about avoiding risk and Cole seems about as safe as any FA pitcher can be. If you want to advocate never signing a FA then that's a position... but this team isn't making the playoffs in the near future without a lot of help coming from the outside.

The Angels have basically been irrelevant for the last decade while their 98 win season in 2014 which is the only year they went to the playoffs during that span looks like an anomaly.  DiPoto gutted the farm, Eppler needed to rebuild it and he has but teams that build the farm don't always translate that into ML success.  Sooner or later you have to pay or rather generally overpay via FA to bring some guys in.  I'm not sad about missing out on Cole given what he got and winning or losing FA isn't going to make me less of a fan but I don't want to hear about another year of talking up the young guys after the ML club struggles with glaring needs and flirts with .500 at best.  

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

Trouts career is wasted. It was his choice. This team is fundamentally flawed in every single way. 

This team is coming off a 90 loss season for goodness sakes. What would have Cole made them? A 76 win team? Where would the run support come from? A $600M off season of Cole and Rendon wouldn’t have even been enough. So how do they just “win now”?

dumb dummy GIF

Trouts career is wasted. It was his choice. This team is fundamentally flawed in every single way. 

This team is coming off a 90 loss season for goodness sakes. What would have Cole made them? A 76 win team? Where would the run support come from? A $600M off season of Cole and Rendon wouldn’t have even been enough. So how do they just “win now”?

So why fucking bother man.  Why are you here ? Just to tell us that we should eat shit ? K, dude. 

Cole, Bundy, Ohtani coming back wins more than 76 games. Bounce back year from Simmons and/or Upton and this team is competing for a playoff spot. If they don't get it this year then they are in position heading into next year. 

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

To offer my opinion on how to improve the team and talk baseball.  Sorry my opinion differs from yours. 

You’re not offering an opinion.  You’re just being critical of any effort to build a winner around a young core that features the greatest player in the organization’s history.  Talking about some indeterminate nonsense about Trout being wasted but maybe in the future they’ll be good.  What the fuck are you talking about. 

7 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

The Angels won 77 games in 2003. I wouldn't call that a contender.

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The same core had just won a World Series. That’s pretty good. 

Are you saying they cheated?

18 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The same core had just won a World Series. That’s pretty good. 

Angel core wins surrounding the WS: 82, 75, 99, 77. They have the one outlier year, but otherwise that core looks pretty much like the last Angels decade. Heading into the 2003/4 off-season 2002 looked much more like an aberration than 2003 did.

We went out and signed the best hitter, the best pitcher, and another mid level pitcher and became a contender for the next half a decade (with contributions from the farm). But I would certainly take the core of Trout, Ohtani, Fletcher, and Simmons over whatever you consider the core of the 2003 team.