• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

6 minutes ago, ettin said:

If they are really looking at Rendon, it is because they are getting both of them. They won't upgrade at 3B if they don't upgrade with Cole in the rotation. Rendon is part of an all-in on Gerrit. It is not one or the other in my humble opinion.

I agree.

8 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

That's what worries me. That he'll settle for a guy like Bumgarner and Rendon and Bumgarner's arm will fall off

WEve all agreed that this is Artes off season for the most part, its 100% on him what we do and as a result how well we perform next season.

IF he goes out and gets Cole and Rendon, maybe makes a trade for a young catcher and signs Maldy to bring them along, maybe gets one of the non 9 figure guys to round out the rotations or another trade for that ... this should be a playoff caliber team and no one should ever question him or his commitment to winning again. 

Not to mention he gets to one up the Dodgers in the process, which although he wouldn't admit it i think he really wants to do. 

Its wishful thinking i know, but wouldnt it be a hoot. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

WEve all agreed that this is Artes off season for the most part, its 100% on him what we do and as a result how well we perform next season.

IF he goes out and gets Cole and Rendon, maybe makes a trade for a young catcher and signs Maldy to bring them along, maybe gets one of the non 9 figure guys to round out the rotations or another trade for that ... this should be a playoff caliber team and no one should ever question him or his commitment to winning again. 

Not to mention he gets to one up the Dodgers in the process, which although he wouldn't admit it i think he really wants to do. 

I don’t think it’s as far fetched as you think.

They didn’t give Trout 430 million for shits and giggles. They’re all in. If they weren’t they would have traded Trout last offseason for a HUGE, probably historic, prospect haul.

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

I don't think it is wishful thinking, this has been the underlying theme of the Primer Series this year that if there was ever to be a moment that Moreno goes all-in on payroll this year is it. If he does not do it this off-season then he will never do it and I will never bring it up again the Primer Series. There are a variety of factors which are discussed in the final article of the Primer Series but this is his year as @Inside Pitch stated in a different thread a few weeks ago. If the Angels were ever meant to exceed the Luxury Tax, it is now.

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t think it’s as far fetched as you think.

They didn’t give Trout 430 million for shits and giggles. They’re all in. If they weren’t they would have traded Trout last offseason for a HUGE, probably historic, prospect haul.

i agree completely, most here wont.  
I dont think they paid Trout to stay a 500 team, i think some of those promises are coming due

24 minutes ago, floplag said:

THIS X10000

Just now, RBM said:

I don't think there is any way Eppler signs both Cole and Rendon. It would put the team $20 M over the luxury tax cap. More after we sign or trade for a catcher.

And he would be tying up more than $100 M on three guys for the next several years.

If you guys are waiting for Cole and Rendon to happen you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Then again, we're Angels fans. We're used to it.

No it wouldn't. Angels can spend roughly $67M before hitting the tax. Remember it's AAV that counts against tax, not actual payroll.

Cole would be replacing 33 starts of negative or neutral WAR pitching, so improves the team by 5-8 games. Tendon would be replacing some solid 2-3 WAR players so would add 3-5 wins, depending. Meaning, both greatly improve the team, just Cole a bit more.

But this is partially ameliorated by two things: one, Rendon is less risky and also gives the Angels a second bonafide superstar that plays every day. Two, it isn’t just getting Rendon - it is freeing up one of La Stella, Fletcher or Rengifo to trade for another pitcher.

I will be disappointed if we don’t get Cole, but I will be very happy if we get Rendon. It still bodes well for the near future.