• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If Boston ever considers passing on a trade with the Dodgers for Betts and partners with the Angels then they'd have to give up much more than just Upton, Sandoval and Marsh. They'd need to be convinced to take Upton's contract and that means likely adding in Jackson and Yan. The deal would need to be sweet to not involve Adell.

Though Boston would likely never trade away Betts to the Angels here is what I'd offer:

Angels Get: David Price and Mookie Betts (retains $11.7M)
Boston Gets: Brandon Marsh, Jose Suarez, Jeremiah Jackson, Hector Yan and Justin Upton.

so you give up all that sweet juice to get the end of david price's career and mookie for one year?

not me man.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sometimes when you read this board and see the sorts of trades people are willing to do it's easy to see why Jerry Dipoto was such a wildly popular GM here.

Most of the people on this board and every other fan site, have never really seen their top prospects play. They read stats and scouting reports, maybe catch a couple MiLB innings but never once buy a ticket and watch how these players go about their business. 

I am so impressed by what I've seen from both Adell and Marsh that I can't really see packaging either of them for a pitcher with little team control or true value. These two guys are going to be special players and three years from now, if they remain on the team, they will never again be mentioned in trade talks from the fanbase, except possibly from the same dumbass that said trade Trout for a bunch of relief pitchers. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

You'd have to do that for Boston to think about it and retain salary. 

that's why i said, not me man.

first off, mookie is a FA after this year and he's not signing an extension before that. so, why trade for him? the red sox aren't going to dump him off because the QO is better than that, and a team would have to be stupid to give any real quality for a rental.

david price, i give up next to jack shit. i'll make a trade for him where i give the sox nothing of note and save them the amount of money that he's actually worth. they can choose to save those extra millions, find someone else or pay out the entire contract.

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Whenever I see a post about payroll I just think about Pujols and how much of a fucking clog the fat idiot is into what the team is trying to accomplish. The fucker has literally not helped this team win  since he’s been here. Just pure trash. The day the man leaves will be a glorious day.

He was pretty decent in 2012 and 2014. They were really close in 2012. If they could've picked up those last couple wins to get into the WC game, I think they had a chance to make some real noise in the playoffs. That awful start to the season just killed them.

In 2014 they just fell apart against KC. I don't think they were good enough that season to go all the way, but he was one of their better hitters. 

We always knew he'd suck at the end of the contract, we just hoped we'd be able to maximize more on the early part. Unfortunately, the rest of the team sucked and he declined faster than most people expected. But it really wasn't because of Pujols that this team has sucked. The team just hasn't been good enough.

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

He was pretty decent in 2012 and 2014. They were really close in 2012. If they could've picked up those last couple wins to get into the WC game, I think they had a chance to make some real noise in the playoffs. That awful start to the season just killed them.

In 2014 they just fell apart against KC. I don't think they were good enough that season to go all the way, but he was one of their better hitters. 

We always knew he'd suck at the end of the contract, we just hoped we'd be able to maximize more on the early part. Unfortunately, the rest of the team sucked and he declined faster than most people expected. But it really wasn't because of Pujols that this team has sucked. The team just hasn't been good enough.

Oh god.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Most of the people on this board and every other fan site, have never really seen their top prospects play. They read stats and scouting reports, maybe catch a couple MiLB innings but never once buy a ticket and watch how these players go about their business. 

I am so impressed by what I've seen from both Adell and Marsh that I can't really see packaging either of them for a pitcher with little team control or true value. These two guys are going to be special players and three years from now, if they remain on the team, they will never again be mentioned in trade talks from the fanbase, except possibly from the same dumbass that said trade Trout for a bunch of relief pitchers. 

Just sharing these. Saw Adell over the summer. This was his first game back from injury in Chattanooga.  Unfortunately, Marsh was injured at this time. But Adell is a beast amongst boys. This dude is going to be special.  

F445F290-1227-4E27-8651-C5E0C6C5C011.jpeg

91CCC119-4805-4F1B-BC1A-116A7B3CC4E3.jpeg

The more I think about it the more I'm against trading Adell or Marsh. I really think both these guys could be stars someday in the not so distant future. I'd hate to give one of them up for a year of a player. The only way I'd consider giving one of them up is for a proven starter with multiple (3 or more) years left. An even then I'd still be torn on the move. It will kill me if we lose one of them and they turn into an all star.

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Don’t flatter yourself. You said he was decent in 2012 and 2014. BFD. He’s getting paid like 30 million or more and we got two decent years. Your post was an unnecessary waste of space.

As was yours.  You chose to rehash what everyone knows about Albert. Also he’s right.   This team sucked and Albert sucked. It didn’t suck because Albert sucked. 

8 hours ago, ukyah said:

ok. i certainly wouldn't trade marsh for an andrew heaney look a like, that's for sure.

Absolutely agreed. Tigers are clearly trying to sell high on him after he had a great first half season last year. I'll be pissed if the Angels use their prospect ammo on a pitcher like Boyd. He's a fine middle of the rotation guy but the Angels have a few of those already

I'm about to make a stellar point here.

If the Angels end up trading for Price, despite evidently never making an offer on Ryu, I'm going to fucking ragequit the Angels.

Price gets paid down to what, $20 million a year? For 3 years? With his elbow? Despite not being as good as Ryu? So you're fine taking on Price for 3/60 but not Ryu for 4/81? Price has also pitched fewer total innings than Ryu since 2017.

Eppler pls. No.

13 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Whenever I see a post about payroll I just think about Pujols and how much of a fucking clog the fat idiot is into what the team is trying to accomplish. The fucker has literally not helped this team win  since he’s been here. Just pure trash. The day the man leaves will be a glorious day.

Hard as it is to believe, we still have all of this season and next before that happens. It feels like he has been here for 15 years already.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm about to make a stellar point here.

If the Angels end up trading for Price, despite evidently never making an offer on Ryu, I'm going to fucking ragequit the Angels.

Price gets paid down to what, $20 million a year? For 3 years? With his elbow? Despite not being as good as Ryu? So you're fine taking on Price for 3/60 but not Ryu for 4/81? Price has also pitched fewer total innings than Ryu since 2017.

Eppler pls. No.

But, two Asians.