• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Trade talks between the Angels and Tigers in regard to hurler Matthew Boyd have run cold for the moment, according to a tweet from Jon Morosi of the MLB Network citing unnamed sources (link). According to Morosi, Angels outfield prospect Brandon Marsh was one name discussed.

Oh well. Marsh doesn’t seem to be enough to get talks going for legit starters. 

we are kinda fucked

one think I have noticed about Eppler and his trades involving prospects is that he know their value. Newcomb looks like a BP arm. The main piece in the upton trade is sadly out of baseball and their are many more. Marsh is  highly valued, unless it's the right piece he wont be move.That right piece would be an true number 2 or an 1, not someone that has or shows flashes.

Eppler was altogether unwilling to negotiate Marsh into any deals at the trade deadline last year. He knew his value was on the rise, and it's only going to get higher this season. 

Normally, I'd say Marsh won't be dealt, but Eppler struck out in FA and trades so far. He might just be desperate enough to do it, though I would consider it a huge mistake.

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, what happens next year when Betts leaves via FA?   Trade more guys again?

We have Adell, Jackson, Knowles, etc in the OF mix going forward.  Like I said it would hurt long term. And yeah I’m not a baseball GM for a reason, I don’t have the patience Eppler has shown, I’m a fan who wants to win now... 

come on now 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think I’d do that trade. 

I'm hesitant. That would be an additional $38.7M added to the payroll. If the Angels wanted to stay under the tax then Boston will need to eat around $11.7M of that. It's possible, but adding Upton's contract makes me wonder if Boston would consider it and the Angels could afford to re-sign Betts after this year and still have the money to get an ace for 2021.

But Jesus, Imagine this:
Betts, Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Simmons, Adell, LaStella, Stassi, Fletcher
Price, Ohtani, Teheran, Heaney, Canning, Bundy

That's pretty good. 

If Boston ever considers passing on a trade with the Dodgers for Betts and partners with the Angels then they'd have to give up much more than just Upton, Sandoval and Marsh. They'd need to be convinced to take Upton's contract and that means likely adding in Jackson and Yan. The deal would need to be sweet to not involve Adell.

Though Boston would likely never trade away Betts to the Angels here is what I'd offer:

Angels Get: David Price and Mookie Betts (retains $11.7M)
Boston Gets: Brandon Marsh, Jose Suarez, Jeremiah Jackson, Hector Yan and Justin Upton.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

in 2021 with no Marsh or Betts we would need a LF again.

Worst case scenario yes, but as @Jeff Fletcher once pointed out to me by saying that it's much easier to find a corner outfielder replacement than it is for pitching. So finding an outfielder would be the least of my worries.