• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Boyd is not worth Marsh. Deveaux? Sure. Hell, I'd even consider Adams (sorry Scotty). 

I don’t think so either, but at the same time, I think it will be hard for us to really upgrade our rotation without moving him.  Teams know we’re desperate for pitching and aren’t going to be giving us any type of discount.  With reports that both Cleveland (for Kluber) and Detroit want Marsh, when both Kluber and Boyd have some red flags, I just don’t see another option for us.  Hopefully if Billy moves pieces like Marsh, he makes sure it counts.

Just now, mymerlincat said:

I don’t think so either, but at the same time, I think it will be hard for us to really upgrade our rotation without moving him.  Teams know we’re desperate for pitching and aren’t going to be giving us any type of discount.  With reports that both Cleveland (for Kluber) and Detroit want Marsh, when both Kluber and Boyd have some red flags, I just don’t see another option for us.  Hopefully if Billy moves pieces like Marsh, he makes sure it counts.

The Angels aren’t desperate for pitching. They have ten deep of major league experienced starters. What they need is front line pitching.

Maybe that’s Ohtani in 2021, but he won’t have enough innings to be that guy in 2020. Besides, you need more than just Ohtani. Maybe Heaney stays and healthy and he and Canning unlock their potential under Callaway. At this point, we don’t know.

Point is, we don’t need another pitcher just to have another pitcher. If we get someone, it’s got to be a 2-3 type. Not sure Boyd is that guy. 

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Only red flags Kluber has is the injury he had which IMO was a freak injury. He'll be just fine. Let's also keep in mind that Boyd isn't anywhere near the caliber that Kluber is. It made more sense that Cleveland asked for Marsh. 

This shows us how highly valued Marsh is when he's asked for Kluber and especially shows how high the Angels view Marsh. Eppler isn't going to give him up for a guy who's lowest career ERA is 4.3.

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The Angels aren’t desperate for pitching. They have ten deep of major league experienced starters. What they need is front line pitching.

Maybe that’s Ohtani in 2021, but he won’t have enough innings to be that guy in 2020. Besides, you need more than just Ohtani. Maybe Heaney stays and healthy and he and Canning unlock their potential under Callaway. At this point, we don’t know.

Point is, we don’t need another pitcher just to have another pitcher. If we get someone, it’s got to be a 2-3 type. Not sure Boyd is that guy. 

I’m not sure I’d give up Marsh for him (at least not initially), but I’m probably higher on Boyd than most here.  He’s been getting better every year, has good peripherals, a .307 BABIP which indicates he’s actually been unlucky, strikes out a ton of guys.  He’s not an ace by any means, but there aren’t any available, and I feel he’d be a very good #3 for us with Ohtani as our #2 if we can somehow get that ace.

23 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Only red flags Kluber has is the injury he had which IMO was a freak injury. He'll be just fine. Let's also keep in mind that Boyd isn't anywhere near the caliber that Kluber is. It made more sense that Cleveland asked for Marsh. 

This shows us how highly valued Marsh is when he's asked for Kluber and especially shows how high the Angels view Marsh. Eppler isn't going to give him up for a guy who's lowest career ERA is 4.3.

You might go back and look at the starts he made in 2019 prior to his injuries. Small sample size, sure, but at his age to say it isn’t a red flag is incorrect. 

47 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You’re not going to get Boyd without Marsh in the package....

Then you don’t do it. Boyd has literally never even had one year of an ERA under 4 and he’s like 29 and has pitched in a pitchers park. Regardless of if we need pitching, I think trading Boyd for Marsh Is stupid. If we’re going to trade marsh, it needs to be for someone worth it. Boyd isn’t it.

14 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i wouldn't trade marsh for boyd straight up. i think boyd is massively overrated.

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Then you don’t do it. Boyd has literally never even had one year of an ERA under 4 and he’s like 29 and has pitched in a pitchers park. Regardless of if we need pitching, I think trading Boyd for Marsh Is stupid. If we’re going to trade marsh, it needs to be for someone worth it. Boyd isn’t it.

Didn’t say I’d do it....I just don’t think the Tigers trade him for less than Marsh....no reason to do so...even if he has been somewhat of an underachiever, he has good stuff and they have several more years of control....would need a good package....

I think Boyd is a fantastic target, should be a priority, and would be a great get, but no way I offer Boyd. 

Wait a few weeks and see what it’ll be when his price goes down. Detroit would take a quantity over quality deal, like Bundy, I think. It’ll take at least one legit prospect but no way should it be Marsh.