• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think he’s getting 17 million on the open market.  Definitely not on a multi year deal. 

Hamels got 1 yr 18 so 2/34  or even 3/51 for Price doesn't sound crazy to me. None of us really know though how much Boston is willing to eat. He definitely wouldn't get 3/93

https://dawindycity.com/2019/11/11/chicago-cubs-trade-rumors-willson-contreras/4/

This Chicago paper really thinks their catcher is greatest thing since Mike Trout based on what they consider to be a fair trade for Willson Contreras.

image.png

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

https://dawindycity.com/2019/11/11/chicago-cubs-trade-rumors-willson-contreras/4/

This Chicago paper really thinks their catcher is greatest thing since Mike Trout based on what the consider to be a fair trade for Willson Contreras.

image.png

Not only no, but HELL NO!

16 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

This Chicago paper really thinks their catcher is greatest thing since Mike Trout based on what they consider to be a fair trade for Willson Contreras.

image.png

Not surprising. Hometown guys are always biased with their own. I think we all need to keep in mind that Adell has never played in the majors and is still just a prospect. Willson has tallied almost 12 bWAR in his career so far. Brandon Wood was the next A-Rod after all.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Not surprising. Hometown guys are always biased with their own. I think we all need to keep in mind that Adell has never played in the majors and is still just a prospect. Willson has tallied almost 12 bWAR in his career so far. Brandon Wood was the next A-Rod after all.

Eppler would definitely be fired next offseason for making this trade.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

On the open market Price is getting $17 million for 3-4 years.  He’s a year removed from basically a decade of 3.5 ERA or less each year. Is he perfect, no, would he be our ace until Ohtani proves healthy, absolutely.  

I get what you are saying, but questioning Ohtani's health when discussing Price is pretty funny.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Why do people always use Wood as an example? 

Remember, Trout was once a prospect, too. 

Yep. So was Kendrick, Lackey, Weaver, Morales, Fletcher, K-Rod, Percival, Salmon, GA, Edmonds, Joyner, Finley and Napoli just to name a few. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Why do people always use Wood as an example? 

Remember, Trout was once a prospect, too. 

It's like he is the only Angels prospect there ever was.   

The really hilarious part for me is that were plenty of people casting doubt on Wood, both in the fan base and in prospect circles, but the same types that couldn't get beyond "Howie Kendrick future batting champion" also drowned out those criticisms and ran with the "next Arod" hyperbole.

Taylor Lindsey is another guy Angels fans got all geeked over that had all kinds of red flags.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

image.png

They think K Smith is still on the Angels...   Obviously a very well researched and informed piece.

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's like he is the only Angels prospect there ever was.   

The really hilarious part for me is that were plenty of people casting doubt on Wood, both in the fan base and in prospect circles, but the same types that couldn't get beyond "Howie Kendrick future batting champion" also drowned out those criticisms and ran with the "next Arod" hyperbole.

Taylor Lindsey is another guy Angels fans got all geeked over that had all kinds of red flags.

Howie hit .344 last season and was 15 points higher than anyone in the NL with at  least 370 PA (9 points higher than anyone in the AL). I know it isn’t a batting title but I think it’s close enough for people who once said “future batting champ” to now say “told you so.”

10 minutes ago, Drink More Yakult said:

Howie hit .344 last season and was 15 points higher than anyone in the NL with at  least 370 PA (9 points higher than anyone in the AL). I know it isn’t a batting title but I think it’s close enough for people who once said “future batting champ” to now say “told you so.”

Those people have no right to say "told you so", because they complained that he wasn't a batting champ.

I brought up Wood because he was billed as the 2nd coming of Arod. Adell has been really really built up so the two are similar. I would have traded Adell to get Yelich if that was ever in the cards and like many here, I am disgusted how many years Trout has been wasted so if Eppler thinks Willson puts the Angels over the top, I say Adell should be traded for him.

9 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I brought up Wood because he was billed as the 2nd coming of Arod. Adell has been really really built up so the two are similar. I would have traded Adell to get Yelich if that was ever in the cards and like many here, I am disgusted how many years Trout has been wasted so if Eppler thinks Willson puts the Angels over the top, I say Adell should be traded for him.

no way abandon thread GIF

1 hour ago, Drink More Yakult said:

I think you missed the point....  The people that used to bring that up did so to shit on Howie, because in their minds he was a failure that never lived up to the advanced billing.

Artie’s pop
8:37
Everyone on the planet knows the Angels need SP. but what are they going to do in RF and C?

Jeffrey Todd
8:39
1) Platoon mate with Goodwin until Adell is ready. 2) Castro is still a nice fit. Chirinos out there as well. Way outside shot of getting Contreras (my guess is he stays); players like Hedges/Barnhart could possible come available.

Justin
8:46
Will the Angels add another SP of top tier ilk?  If so, who seems most likely?

Jeffrey Todd
8:47
I don't know who, but they certainly need to. Can't mess around at this point. It's nice to have added some (hopefully) sturdy depth guys but they are chasing the Astros and have already installed the stars position players. Can't afford to have the rotation fall through.

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

If Tony Reagins was still the GM, the Angels would take on the entirety of David Price's contact, and trade them Brian Goodwin and Matt Thaiss as well.

reagins, who skillfully got Toronto to pay $5mil of Wells contract . . . I think it's safe to say he was the Neville Chamberlain of GMs.

55 minutes ago, Tank said:

reagins, who skillfully got Toronto to pay $5mil of Wells contract . . . I think it's safe to say he was the Neville Chamberlain of GMs.

My favorite:

"I tell you that I'm not dictatorial, I'm not intolerant, I'm not overpowering! You're all wrong, wrong, wrong, I tell you! I'm the most relaxed and understanding of people! None of you, I insist, must ever say I'm dictatorial again!"

56 minutes ago, Tank said:

Reagins is a lot better than he gets credit for--you have to factor in the Arte interference (forcing Reagins to trade for Wells). At least the team was winning when he was GM.