• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The more I look at stats the more I want us to take a chance on a guy like Alex Wood.  If he is healthy which is a big risk, he is better than most of the free agents going into the off season.  His ERA+ is better than Keuchel, Wheeler and Gibson for their careers.  Dude just isn’t healthy.  Last year was a rough year, but I believe he is going into his age 29 season so no reason to think he is done.  I don’t know if his injuries are shoulder or elbow related or something different.  I think we look to add a guy like him in addition to a trade for a Price type of pitcher.  

Back injury...

The results weren't there last year but the movement and velocity was back to where it was when he was he was healthy in previous seasons.

He's a risk but a risk they should take IMO.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd like the Angels to sign both Wood and Walker and load up the contract with tons of incentives should they reach a certain amount of innings, GS's and say QS's or stat. 

Give Walker a multi year deal that pays him for innings pitched.  Or vesting/player options based on innings pitched.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Is Price really that much different than Kluber if the price is similar?  If they pay it down to where he is owed $18 million or so a year, then it isn’t a bad contract based on performance and the market.  The market paid $18 million to Keuchel and Hamels.  

Some people don’t want to do a trade simply because they don’t want to help the  Red Sox. That’s fucking stupid. I just want to be a better baseball team. I’m sick of losing.

56 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He would have taken MadBum, Dallas and Donaldson over Rendon. Kill, persecute the heretic!!

Seriously though, the Angels would have had to offer Madbum more than the 85 million he got from Arizona. Probably 100 million. No idea about Dallas though and Josh hasn't signed yet. I do like how he stated he doesn't think the Angels are done and that guys like Canning need to be better.  He did mention some trade chips the Angels have that other teams would want. Top 5 lineup is a stretch though IMO. Talked about Ohtani and how Maddon will manage him. Did talk about a possible trade with the Cubs for Contreras. Gave them a B+ offseason so far.

24 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

He would have taken MadBum, Dallas and Donaldson over Rendon. Kill, persecute the heretic!!

Seriously though, the Angels would have had to offer Madbum more than the 85 million he got from Arizona. Probably 100 million. No idea about Dallas though and Josh hasn't signed yet. I do like how he stated he doesn't think the Angels are done and that guys like Canning need to be better.  He did mention some trade chips the Angels have that other teams would want. Top 5 lineup is a stretch though IMO. Talked about Ohtani and how Maddon will manage him. Did talk about a possible trade with the Cubs for Contreras. Gave them a B+ offseason so far.

I would easily take Rendon, Teheran and Bundy over Donaldson, Madbum and Keuchel. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would easily take Rendon, Teheran and Bundy over Donaldson, Madbum and Keuchel. 

Yea it is a tough call but I trust Rendon to age better than the others.  This year, you probably get more wins with the Donaldson group.  But you are also $60 million a year for 4-5 years for the Donaldson group.  The Angels are paying about $50 million for one year of that group and they can make decisions on the staff next year.  Plus the Angels can still add to this group, where if they added $60 million a year for the next few years, you really can't.  

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The White Sox aren't messing around. In addition to all of the FA signings and trades they've made to acquire talent, they have a really good farm system and some young fireballers to contribute soon in the South Side in 2020. 

And their payroll was virtually nothing coming into the off season.