• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

40 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Thanks to those factors, when the Indians left this month’s Winter Meetings, the majority of offers they’d received for Kluber only included players at the Single-A level, Terry Pluto of cleveland.com relays.

So mathematically, Eppler only offer some single A guys for Kluber. No wonder the Indians didn't trade him to the Angels.

and Cleveland wanted Marsh + another of our top 10 prospects. at that point, you move on. 

39 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

BVW 10 games above .500 in his first season as Mets GM ain’t afraid of a little work!

Billy Holidays on attempt number 5 at cracking .500

Dude you sound like a moron lol they still missed the playoffs. And he walked into a team that was in the World Series a couple years ago and still had Syndergaard, Wheeler  Matz, and Degrom. If Billy has just one of those guys he would be so much better off 

1 hour ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

Well there's one guy that Calloway can't ruin...at least according to WFAN in NY. They are saying that he totally screwed up Familia and Diaz. It's kinda funny, when he came from Cleveland he was " the pitching whisperer"  a scant two years later the pitchers couldn't stand him, and went to management to get him gone.

fail GIF

5 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Dude you sound like a moron lol they still missed the playoffs. And he walked into a team that was in the World Series a couple years ago and still had Syndergaard, Wheeler  Matz, and Degrom. If Billy has just one of those guys he would be so much better off 

The two seasons prior to Billy taking over, the team went 98-64 in 2014 and 85-77 in 2015. Billy was announced as GM in October of 2015 and we haven’t been .500 or better since.

Billy also inherited some Mike Trout guy, I hear he’s pretty good. 

The Mets in the 2 seasons prior to BVW taking over? 2017 they went 70-92 and in 2018 77-85.

Oh and “lol”

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

The two seasons prior to Billy taking over, the team went 98-64 in 2014 and 85-77 in 2015. Billy was announced as GM in October of 2015 and we haven’t been .500 or better since.

The Mets in the 2 seasons prior to BVW taking over? 2017 they went 70-92 and in 2018 77-85.

Oh and “lol”

russian roulette GIF

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/poll-which-sub-500-al-teams-having-the-best-offseason.html

The Angels, they of the pitiful 72-90 record last season, finally look as if they’re in decent position to capitalize on all-world center fielder Mike Trout’s presence. They added the foremost position player on the market, third baseman Anthony Rendon, on a whopper of a contract worth $245MM over seven years. The rotation-needy Halos have also picked up a pair of starters in Dylan Bundy and Julio Teheran. Neither will be confused for an ace, but they should give the team much-needed competent innings at reasonable prices near the back of its rotation. If you’re a glass-half-empty type, though, you may be unimpressed by the Angels’ lack of a front-line starter pickup (though the return of Shohei Ohtani from Tommy John surgery should be a major help) and/or that they haven’t addressed their problems at catcher yet.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

just another in a long line of douchy Yankees fans 

SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW

i happen to be a met fan, but being from NY we arent as ignorant about other teams as some fans of other teams can be

you expect calloway to make your staff better. we already learned that as a manager he was incompetent much like Eppler is proving to be

the only reason I suggested Happ was because looking at your rotation I figured he could help and wouldnt cost you anything but money

but youd rather have a staff with a guy who is coming off tommy John surgery and a bunch of #4 starters

7 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Oh and “lol”

Sounds like you should be a Mets fan.

14 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

i happen to be a met fan, but being from NY we arent as ignorant about other teams as some fans of other teams can be

you expect calloway to make your staff better. we already learned that as a manager he was incompetent much like Eppler is proving to be

the only reason I suggested Happ was because looking at your rotation I figured he could help and wouldnt cost you anything but money

but youd rather have a staff with a guy who is coming off tommy John surgery and a bunch of #4 starters

Good thing Calloway isn’t manager.

Happ is an older, more expensive #4. 

36 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

lol

yeah, you're a Mets fan, yet were so disappointed that we selected Trout ahead of the yanks.  

Riiiight.

"you expect calloway to make your staff better."

Wrong.

"I figured he could help and wouldnt cost you anything but money"

Wrong.

"but youd rather have a staff with a guy who is coming off tommy John surgery and a bunch of #4 starters"

Wrong.

So, what was that you were saying about ignorance?

41 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

Merry Christmas Troll. 

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol

yeah, you're a Mets fan, yet were so disappointed that we selected Trout ahead of the yanks.  

Riiiight.

"you expect calloway to make your staff better."

Wrong.

"I figured he could help and wouldnt cost you anything but money"

Wrong.

"but youd rather have a staff with a guy who is coming off tommy John surgery and a bunch of #4 starters"

Wrong.

So, what was that you were saying about ignorance?

I loled at the Mets comment too for the same reason..... 

Youd think a Mets fan particularly one that is so familiar with other teams would know the Mets would have been able to draft Trout one pick before the Angels drafted him had they not lost that pick (to the Angels), for siging, K-Rod....

But yeah.... Mets fan!