• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

Just because Fentanyl and Oxy were in his system, it doesn't mean he OVERDOSED on them.  He choked on his own vomit.  He aspirated.  I would venture to say the alcohol was more of the cuplrit in his death than the opiates.  Of course they contributed but I'd hazard to say the alcohol was the bigger issue as both are CNS depressants.

It sucks and that's the reality.

Just now, Bronson said:

But it really is. You’re making millions of dollars to play a game. You’re married. Don’t mess around with pills and alcohol. That’s super dangerous and irresponsible. Especially in a hotel room by yourself.

I'm not arguing that and I agree with all those points. Addiction and getting over it is not that simple 

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Just because Fentanyl and Oxy were in his system, it doesn't mean he OVERDOSED on them.  He choked on his own vomit.  He aspirated.  I would venture to say the alcohol was more of the cuplrit in his death than the opiates.  Of course they contributed but I'd hazard to say the alcohol was the bigger issue as both are CNS depressants.

It sucks and that's the reality.

The report said he had a lethal dose on fentanyl in his system 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'm not arguing that and I agree with all those points. Addiction and getting over it is not that simple 

Who says he’s addicted? He might have just wanted to do it that night and payed the price. 

We have no no idea if he actually had a addiction.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Like I said, sounds like he had inexperience with Fentanyl and didn't know what it could do him.

I can understand the oxy being there due to sports injuries etc.... But the fact there weren't any metabolites for the fentanyl makes it seem recreational.   

I think we all knew this was coming.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Let's make another patch for this guy.

I’m not going to fight with you, think what you want.  But you weren’t living this guys life.  You have no idea what was going on, why he was doing the drugs, any of it.  Maybe it was just a “good time” gone wrong.  Maybe he had demons and the drugs were about that.  

Whatever it was, neither of us have any right to pass judgement.  Everyone is flawed.  If you want to take this and be venomous about it that’s on you.  But it’s an awfully shitty way to be.  It’s a tragedy.  It sucks for a lot of people a lot more then it sucks for some dudes on a message board that follow a baseball team.  Put that into perspective and move on with your life.  

Just now, Lhalo said:

I'm guessing the Fentanyl was either laced in the oxy's or a line of coke. He probably had no idea he was taking it.

Like I posted, I'm guessing either a teammate or one of the training staff supplied him and he wasn't really aware and of how it could impact him. 

I’m gonna sound like a dick when I say this but it’s true.

In reality this guy from a talent level didn’t mean much to our organization. He was a mediocre 4-5 starter with a decent curveball. His loss from a talent perspective won’t be missed.

BUT, from the looks of it he was an awesome human being and a great clubhouse presence. It’s understandable why the players took it so hard. That’s what hurts the most in reality.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not going to fight with you, think what you want.  But you weren’t living this guys life.  You have no idea what was going on, why he was doing the drugs, any of it.  Maybe it was just a “good time” gone wrong.  Maybe he had demons and the drugs were about that.  

Whatever it was, neither of us have any right to pass judgement.  Everyone is flawed.  If you want to take this and be venomous about it that’s on you.  But it’s an awfully shitty way to be.  It’s a tragedy.  It sucks for a lot of people a lot more then it sucks for some dudes on a message board that follow a baseball team.  Put that into perspective and move on with your life.  

No, sorry.  That's excuse making.  You have at it.

A newlywed who could create an incredible life for his family, and throws it away on a cocktail of drugs and booze enough to stagger a rhino.  That is just frigging unbelievably dumb.

You guys can boo hoo and call me the bad guy, and make patches and hashtags and say its tragic.  Again, have at it.

This is an embarrassment.

14 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Will be interesting to see how the Angels handle the situation if indeed someone in the organization was involved. Obviously would be fired, but i'd be interested to see how the organization handles it. Could be a major crackdown on their players to make sure stuff like this doesn't get in their hands. I thought players had roommates?

According the Jeff Fletcher, Major Leaguers do not have roommates when traveling on the road.