• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

I'm not surprised this was the cause of death. I've read about these types of deaths at least a thousand times. I only wonder if this was a one time thing or a recurring one.

Apparently an Angel employee may have supplied him with these drugs:

https://theblast.com/c/tyler-skaggs-pitcher-cause-death-alcohol-fentanyl-oxycodone

“We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired Texas attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

So sad.  

I know drug use is rampant in pro sports, but it's also highly concerning that there may have been an Angel employee selling this stuff.  Hopefully, there aren't other players that were using or abusing.  It would be hard to believe that Tyler was on his own in taking these things.  All pure speculation of course, but a lot of collateral scenarios are running through my brain right now.  

Just now, Biergott said:

After all the tributes and sadness, now there will be lawyers, court cases, and potentially someone else involved.  Going to get really dark I think.  Not looking forward to this at all.

I agree.  this is just the start.  If an Angel employee was supplying this stuff illegally (which is being implied), they are going to try to make the org liable for lost wages.  

Alas i think we all knew this was coming.
How he managed to get them is an obvious question, and was it a recent occurrence or habitual. 
Opioids are more of an issue than almost any other drug, but we hear so little about them as they are legit manufactured and no one seems to have the balls to go against big pharma.   Fentanyl especially isnt something you get on the corner. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I agree.  this is just the start.  If an Angel employee was supplying this stuff illegally (which is being implied), they are going to try to make the org liable for lost wages.  

And in some ways they'll deserve it.  Hope whoever it was  is caught and prosecuted to the fullest.  I also hope they don't have their claws in other players

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Lotsa accidents happen when you are ingesting Fentanyl, oxycodone and booze

Yep.

source: L.A. Times

“The level of fentanyl is a significant amount that could produce death,” said Cyril Wecht, a Pittsburgh forensic pathologist with 40 years of experience. “In this case, oxycodone and alcohol were also present and would have contributed to the death because they are also central nervous system depressants.”

The autopsy report noted the absence of norfentanyl, a metabolite of fentanyl, which Wecht said “means that fentanyl was ingested not long before death occurred.”