• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Just as Occam's razor pretty much told you this was an OD, Occam's razor can also point to a low level clubhouse attendant going out to score some stuff locally for Skaggs once they got into town. Not a player or a higher up.

Had just gotten into town, right?  I mean, I assume that they are checked prior to boarding even a private flight, no?

You can bring med bottles in your carry on.... pills arent going to flag TSA usually...

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Alas i think we all knew this was coming.
How he managed to get them is an obvious question, and was it a recent occurrence or habitual. 
Opioids are more of an issue than almost any other drug, but we hear so little about them as they are legit manufactured and no one seems to have the balls to go against big pharma.   Fentanyl especially isnt something you get on the corner. 

The family statement read on SportsCenter said police suggested the source of the drugs may have been an employee of the Angels.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

You can bring med bottles in your carry on.... pills arent going to flag TSA usually...

Yeah you just have to "check" them. But when I went to Arizona they didn't even look at the bottles. I could have had Pill AIDS for all they knew.

8 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

The family statement read on SportsCenter said police suggested the source of the drugs may have been an employee of the Angels.

Right. I'm no doctor, but I don't believe fentanyl is a prescribed drug. It's a surgical anesthetic, and only the smallest of doses are used in carefully monitored medical procedures by trained personnel. You don't just get a prescription and pick it up at the drugstore.

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah you just have to "check" them. But when I went to Arizona they didn't even look at the bottles. I could have had Pill AIDS for all they knew.

never heard about having  to check anything.  And I fly internationally as well as domestically with my prescriptions.  As long as they are in the original bottle with the prescription label you are OK.  I bet when they are dumped, non-descriptly into a baggie, daily dispenser, etc, that's probably when flags might go up.  Especially without the orginally labelled bottles or paper prescriptions.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Right. I'm no doctor, but I don't believe fentanyl is a prescribed drug. It's a surgical anesthetic, and only the smallest of doses are used in carefully monitored medical procedures by trained personnel. You don't just get a prescription and pick it up at the drugstore.

I've known of people that have had fentanyl prescribed as a patch before.  A patch that transfers the medication as a time release through the skin.  I think the nasty stuff that is out on the streets is cooked down versions of the raw, non-prescription stuff.   But I am just guessing.

I remain sad for Tyler Skaggs' mother and his family, as well as all his friends who were not aware of drug usage. My sadness for Tyler is redirected to sadness that he used those substances.

If his drug connection was within the team, there will be a heavy boot dropping soon.

Presumably, hotel security cameras have already pointed investigators to the last person to have entered and exited the hotel room before the discovery.

from CBS News

30 Kilograms

Law enforcement officers in Virginia have seized enough fentanyl to kill 14 million people, busting a massive three-state drug ring as part of what they called "Operation Cookout." Thirty-five suspects were arrested, and four others are on the run.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fentanyl-drug-bust-investigators-seize-enough-fentanyl-to-kill-14-million-people-in-massive-bust/

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

from CBS News

30 Kilograms

Law enforcement officers in Virginia have seized enough fentanyl to kill 14 million people, busting a massive three-state drug ring as part of what they called "Operation Cookout." Thirty-five suspects were arrested, and four others are on the run.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fentanyl-drug-bust-investigators-seize-enough-fentanyl-to-kill-14-million-people-in-massive-bust/

holy shit!  That should get terrorism charges or something.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

While true, its very available on the street....

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

from CBS News

30 Kilograms

Reading the article this paragraph made me chuckle:

In total, authorities seized over 30 kilograms of fentanyl, 30 kilograms of heroin, five kilograms of cocaine and over $700,000. It's the largest drug takedown in Virginia in 15 years. They also seized roughly 24 firearms, including an AK-47.
 Like the AK-47 is the most sinister part of this whole thing.  Wow.

And then there's this:

There's been an increased effort to hold China accountable for drugs like fentanyl that are manufactured there and smuggled to the U.S. A bipartisan bill in the Senate would sanction Chinese labs and traffickers that export the drug.

Sanctions?  oooooooo

image.jpeg

Edited by Biergott

4 minutes ago, Biergott said:

I've known of people that have had fentanyl prescribed as a patch before.  A patch that transfers the medication as a time release through the skin.  I think the nasty stuff that is out on the streets is cooked down versions of the raw, non-prescription stuff.   But I am just guessing.

Well, you're right. I just checked my Medicare Drug List and there it is, the fentanyl patch. For me it would be a Tier 4 drug costing $100 a month.

In my first decade, we ALWAYS had to test dope we made during an arrest. Obviously, you cant charge someone if you cant prove its dope.

In recent years, thats gone. Its now double bagged, and sent to a lab... and were supposed to mask up when we seize something.

A few of my friends have been exposed...

Recently, someone placed a bunch of fliers on the windshields (under the wipers) of police cars in i think texas. The fliers were talking about conspiracies with i think the fire department... something a cop would dig on just to make fun of the fire guys on the next call.

All the fliers were laced....