• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Great. Blame the team. More denial by the family.  

They're not blaming the team. They just want to know what happened.

If some kid walked into your child's classroom and shot him dead, wouldn't you want to know where/how he got the gun?

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Remember the article by the Santa Monica newspaper?  Seems they weren't making shit up like people were accusing them of.

They were doing the same thing any keyboard warrior does when something like this occurs: make assumptions. That’s fine on a random Internet forum, it’s not okay if you’re a published paper. Nothing more than cheap tabloid BS.

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If someone I know dies from taking recreational drugs I'm not going to blame the person who sold them to them.

I wouldn't either, but I sure as hell wouldn't want them selling to anyone else.  It's certainly not one or the other.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Disagree Doc. There were plenty of threads talking about the loss of Skaggs, now the reason why should also be discussed. If you don't wish to participate then bow out.

I'm all for it being open.  go back and look at the stuff I hid and tell me if it was appropriate.   then you can monitor this thread yourself for more of the same bullshit and keep it clean.  

2 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

We are adults here right? Stop policing this thread. Nobody is taking personal shots at each other or threatening each other, its the reality of a drug OD. You have the crew that are holier than thou and demonize it and can't sympathize with personal demons some people may have and then there is the side that is opposite of that. IF you don't like it, stay the F*ck out of it and stop babysitting these adults. Jesus Christ, its a message board ignore the thread and continue with your day

This is truly heart breaking news, I used to be in the camp that would be "holier than thou" to an OD and would lose a lot of sympathy until I started working with people who battle addictions and drug usage. F*ck, even I've battled inner demons with oxycodone, I love the euphoric numbness that you can get from it, thankfully I have enough will power to recognize how dangerous it is and the risks I was taking, so I turned away from it and haven't looked back. 

The family looking to hold the Angels' employee responsible for Skaggs obtaining these drugs is absurd....hold Skaggs responsible. He was an adult who made a conscious decision to put this cocktail into him. Yes it may have been supplied to him, and that person needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent possible, but Skaggs is not innocent here and the irresponsibility should not be diverted from him.

At the same time, nobody should feel "less saddened" by this. Skaggs life was cut short and a husband, son, teammate, best friend was taken away from people who loved him. We don't know what the hell he was going through, the physical amount of pain he was in, or anything else that was going on in his life. All we know is that he made a bad decision and he paid the ultimate sacrifice for it. To sit there and judge him and feel less saddened by this is part of the reason why SOME people HIDE addictions (again, we don't know if skaggs was an addict) from others. This is still just as tragic of a situation as it was on day 1, people are hurting more now than probably ever with this news becoming public. I just hope the justice that needs to be served is served, and that Skaggs is remembered as the bright and energetic man that was loved by so many. Addiction, mistake, irresponsible, whatever it may be...he is still missed and this news makes it worse. 

that's because I hid them.  you may want to know something before making a statement 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Disagree Doc. There were plenty of threads talking about the loss of Skaggs, now the reason why should also be discussed. If you don't wish to participate then bow out.

I agree with keeping it open...topics like this are a rorschach test - there are those tenting and flexing their fingers for the opportunity to be awful and I say let them.

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

We are adults here right? Stop policing this thread. Nobody is taking personal shots at each other or threatening each other, its the reality of a drug OD. You have the crew that are holier than thou and demonize it and can't sympathize with personal demons some people may have and then there is the side that is opposite of that. IF you don't like it, stay the F*ck out of it and stop babysitting these adults. Jesus Christ, its a message board ignore the thread and continue with your day

This is truly heart breaking news, I used to be in the camp that would be "holier than thou" to an OD and would lose a lot of sympathy until I started working with people who battle addictions and drug usage. F*ck, even I've battled inner demons with oxycodone, I love the euphoric numbness that you can get from it, thankfully I have enough will power to recognize how dangerous it is and the risks I was taking, so I turned away from it and haven't looked back. 

The family looking to hold the Angels' employee responsible for Skaggs obtaining these drugs is absurd....hold Skaggs responsible. He was an adult who made a conscious decision to put this cocktail into him. Yes it may have been supplied to him, and that person needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent possible, but Skaggs is not innocent here and the irresponsibility should not be diverted from him.

At the same time, nobody should feel "less saddened" by this. Skaggs life was cut short and a husband, son, teammate, best friend was taken away from people who loved him. We don't know what the hell he was going through, the physical amount of pain he was in, or anything else that was going on in his life. All we know is that he made a bad decision and he paid the ultimate sacrifice for it. To sit there and judge him and feel less saddened by this is part of the reason why SOME people HIDE addictions (again, we don't know if skaggs was an addict) from others. This is still just as tragic of a situation as it was on day 1, people are hurting more now than probably ever with this news becoming public. I just hope the justice that needs to be served is served, and that Skaggs is remembered as the bright and energetic man that was loved by so many. Addiction, mistake, irresponsible, whatever it may be...he is still missed and this news makes it worse. 

Really love your honest and open post, but I do disagree on one point.  Yes Skaggs is responsible, but the employee (if this is true) should also bear some responsibility.  Just as if the secretary down the hall sold drugs to a fellow employee in the workplace and they OD'd.  That's just reality.  Plenty of blame to go around.

Glad you were able to get away from the oxy

We all or at least most of us all suspected there would be drugs and  alcohol involved in his untimely death. It doesn't make it any harder. His family lost a husband and a son, the players lost a friend and a team and the fans lost a favorite player. Just heart breaking anyway you look at it. Hopefully his death brings more awareness to this kind of stuff, but sadly it probably won't :( way to young to die. 

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

We are adults here right? Stop policing this thread. Nobody is taking personal shots at each other or threatening each other, its the reality of a drug OD

Post that were deleted named other Angels players 

2 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

This makes the whole organization look unaccountable. Don’t we have high paid doctors and trainers looking after these guys for pain medication. This news just put our team on a whole new sh*t level. I wonder who else on the team is taking this stuff. There will definitely be much more investigation moving forward. 

This club is no different from any other MLB club when it comes to their players' extracurricular activities.

Edited by Lhalo

8 minutes ago, IIIII said:

They were doing the same thing any keyboard warrior does when something like this occurs: make assumptions. That’s fine on a random Internet forum, it’s not okay if you’re a published paper. Nothing more than cheap tabloid BS.

I seem to remember the Santa Monica paper mentioned cocaine.  I think it was a shot in the dark based on an educated guess of an OD.

4 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Really love your honest and open post, but I do disagree on one point.  Yes Skaggs is responsible, but the employee (if this is true) should also bear some responsibility.  Just as if the secretary down the hall sold drugs to a fellow employee in the workplace and they OD'd.  That's just reality.  Plenty of blame to go around.

Glad you were able to get away from the oxy

I agree with you 100%...Maybe I worded it wrong, I just don't agree with the statement the family released as in looking for who to blame...but I'm not going to criticize them in this time; I do hope that the employee or teammate or whoever is held fully accountable to the fullest legal extent possible. 

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

I seem to remember the Santa Monica paper mentioned cocaine.  I think it was a shot in the dark based on an educated guess of an OD.

Yes it did.  It was an unsubstantiated assumption that is unethical in journalism, unless you're the National Enquirer.  The Santa Monica shit wrap is just one level above that rag.

19 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

This makes the whole organization look unaccountable. Don’t we have high paid doctors and trainers looking after these guys for pain medication. This news just put our team on a whole new sh*t level. I wonder who else on the team is taking this stuff. There will definitely be much more investigation moving forward. 

This is in every sport. Players do what they choose to do whether it's steroids, drugs or painkillers that are outside of the team control. There are probably more players on the Angels that are using non prescribed medicine to layer whatever they do get because 162 games is a hell of a long. And it's not as though guys in previous decades weren't doing stuff, the 70's they had candy dishes full of greenies in the clubhouse.