• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

I seem to remember the Santa Monica paper mentioned cocaine.  I think it was a shot in the dark based on an educated guess of an OD.

I think a lot of us thought OD but we’re not journalists from a well known journal in LA claiming something in a public format. What they posted was totally out of line even now.

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

In my first decade, we ALWAYS had to test dope we made during an arrest. Obviously, you cant charge someone if you cant prove its dope.

In recent years, thats gone. Its now double bagged, and sent to a lab... and were supposed to mask up when we seize something.

A few of my friends have been exposed...

Recently, someone placed a bunch of fliers on the windshields (under the wipers) of police cars in i think texas. The fliers were talking about conspiracies with i think the fire department... something a cop would dig on just to make fun of the fire guys on the next call.

All the fliers were laced....

You think a lot 

The reality of this situation is that Tyler Skaggs had Tommy John surgery and it is very common for people to become addicted to pain medication after surgeries.  It happens to tons of people everyday.  I'd be willing to bet that is what happened to Skaggs.

In the end it doesn't matter how he died.  It tragic for his wife, family, friends and the fans.

Edited by VariousCrap

3 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

I didn't dare call in to Angels talk with Roger Lodge a few weeks ago - and mention this possible scenario - and what would happen to the shrines / jersey number on mound / etc. if this was the case.

It will be interesting if things begin to change...

I don't think anything will change. Tyler may have made some really bad decisions, ultimately costing him his life, but that doesn't change the fact that he was loved and respected by his family, friends, teammates, and fans alike. Ultimately the "shrines" represent Tyler the player just as much as Tyler the person. 

Now there are certainly scenarios that could come forth that paint an entirely different picture of Tyler the person, but I won't bother mentioning those because I have no idea what exactly happened and what exactly Tyler was going through. 

Hopefully this can get resolved sooner rather than later so this organization can put this awful tragedy, and this absolute clusterfuck of a season behind them.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Just heard that Long Beach made a traffic stop today and arrested a man with 6,000 fentanyl pills, among other drugs. 

Would you please quit obsessing over fentanyl. We don't need your police scanner reports, we know it's out there. We know it was partially responsible for Skaggs death but it is not the only goddamn cause of death. Let it go.

The whole Tyler Skaggs story is a sad one and it’s been quite the journey. We drafted him and we traded him. We then reacquired him in a trade. We watched him pitch and get injured in 2014 which was the only successful season that the Angels had this decade. He missed the only playoffs that we’ve had this decade. He has Tommy John surgery and we patiently wait out his rehab. He comes back with some set backs and mixed results while the Angels were very careful with him throughout the process. In 2019 Skaggs finally looks like he’s coming around to fulfill his potential then he dies. The Angels were good to Skaggs before his death and really did a lot of great things to honor him after his death. Now they’ll most likely end up in litigation because of a horrible decision. The whole thing sucks. RIP if they’ll let you. 

Edited by Calzone 2

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think anything will change. Tyler may have made some really bad decisions, ultimately costing him his life, but that doesn't change the fact that he was loved and respected by his family, friends, teammates, and fans alike. Ultimately the "shrines" represent Tyler the player just as much as Tyler the person. 

The cause of death does not make Skaggs death at a young age any less tragic. 

In fact, if they find out his addiction to these meds started from his Tommy John surgery recovery, that actually makes it even more tragic.

At the risk of offending Blarg I will say one more thing then give it a rest.

Tyler Skaggs may have felt his addiction was under control until someone mixed fentanyl in with the Oxy somewhere along the supply chain. So it may have been an integral cause of his death. This sort of thing has killed thousands of young people, not just the Oxy but the damn gigantic doses of fentanyl.

So there. Now I'll say nothing further about it, or about him. Peace out.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Could have been doing it alone or with someone. If he was with someone, were they there when it happened? If so, opens up the possibility they panicked and left and of course didn't tell anyone, leaving him to die without trying to get help, if there was even a chance of doing so.