• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

I’m sorry I just can’t feel as bad about this now. He brought it all upon himself. Don’t do drugs. Especially when you’re married and are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. How irresponsible do you have to be?

Of course it’s sad but like Jose Fernandez his dumb decisions brought this upon him. 

Just now, yk9001 said:

I'm sure it was his first time.  Just tried it once.  First time.  Just a terrible accident on the first day of a business trip.

Read an article earlier this week about a kid who went off to college and OD'd his first week there.  The parents were trying to blame the college.  Let's be honest, 99.99% of people who OD and die don't do it on their first try.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm sure it was his first time.  Just tried it once.  First time.  Just a terrible accident on the first day of a business trip.

With Fentanyl, it only takes one time.  Like you, I know nothing apart from what is being is being reported.  However, I wouldn't be suprised if he's had experience with Oxy since that is pretty common now a days but I'm going to guess he had little to no experience with Fentanyl.

Will be interesting to see how the Angels handle the situation if indeed someone in the organization was involved. Obviously would be fired, but i'd be interested to see how the organization handles it. Could be a major crackdown on their players to make sure stuff like this doesn't get in their hands. I thought players had roommates?

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

A board member can't figure out whether it was his first time, or 50th.

Let's be clear.

IT WASN'T HIS FIRST RODEO.

These guys are managing pain while playing a game for our enjoyment.  For Tyler, we know he's dealt with a significant amount of injuries so hearing he's been using some type of pain killer shouldn't be a surprise.

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I’m sorry I just can’t feel as bad about this now. He brought it all upon himself. Don’t do drugs. Especially when you’re married and are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. How irresponsible do you have to be?

Of course it’s sad but like Jose Fernandez his dumb decisions brought this upon him. 

It's not that simple

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

These guys are managing pain while playing a game for our enjoyment.  For Tyler, we know he's dealt with a significant amount of injuries so hearing he's been using some type of pain killer shouldn't be a surprise.

“The level of fentanyl is a significant amount that could produce death,” said Cyril Wecht, a Pittsburgh forensic pathologist with 40 years of experience. “In this case, oxycodone and alcohol were also present and would have contributed to the death because they are also central nervous system depressants.”

The autopsy report noted the absence of norfentanyl, a metabolite of fentanyl, which Wecht said “means that fentanyl was ingested not long before death occurred.”

Tests showed 38 nanograms per milliliter of the prescription-strength pain killer oxycodone, the use of which is prohibited by Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program, and a blood-alcohol level of 0.122%. A 0.08% limit is considered legally impaired. Fentanyl is not specifically listed on MLB’s banned substance list, but as a “drug of abuse” on the federal Drug Enforcement Administration list, its use is automatically prohibited by MLB .

Just now, yk9001 said:

“The level of fentanyl is a significant amount that could produce death,” said Cyril Wecht, a Pittsburgh forensic pathologist with 40 years of experience. “In this case, oxycodone and alcohol were also present and would have contributed to the death because they are also central nervous system depressants.”

The autopsy report noted the absence of norfentanyl, a metabolite of fentanyl, which Wecht said “means that fentanyl was ingested not long before death occurred.”

Tests showed 38 nanograms per milliliter of the prescription-strength pain killer oxycodone, the use of which is prohibited by Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program, and a blood-alcohol level of 0.122%. A 0.08% limit is considered legally impaired. Fentanyl is not specifically listed on MLB’s banned substance list, but as a “drug of abuse” on the federal Drug Enforcement Administration list, its use is automatically prohibited by MLB .

Like I said, sounds like he had inexperience with Fentanyl and didn't know what it could do him.