• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

+1

Let the Red Sux fans sweat it out, just like Halos fans had to.

I can understand why people would have been hesitant to come here not knowing his future with the club, but thats moot now.  Its time to build the winner as the farm develops and a couple future key FA signings. 
Now that this is off the table i see  a potentially very bright future in a couple years that players will want to be part of.

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

Yeah, this.  Until Betts has Trouts resume that shouldn't even be a conversation. 

Im guessing the union and some other players will be angry at Trout, not that he will care, for basically setting a cap for one guy for the foreseeable future. 

Can I just say, I hope it is more. The more Betts makes, the less Boston will have to spend on their team. I doubt Trout cares much about being the record holder. 

An auspicious time for my first posts here!

But let's not lose sight of the big picture. Mike was already going to be playing this season. He isn't an addition to a roster that didn't have him, the way Harper and Machado will be. 

The fact that he will be here during his entire HOF impossibly record breaking career has inestimable value for the franchise over the next decade plus. 

But what accrued value is added for this season?

My own opinion is that it will boost team morale by a lot. No more daily stories and innuendo about Philly and by extension, demeaning the Angels and the OC fan base. It also will make the team a prime option for players with no trade or limited trade options. They may now add the Angels to the desirable list. This could come into play even this season around the trade deadline or earlier. And for free agents too, later on.

The young players now know he will be a constant resource and leader, not distracted or uncommitted. And management can go about their business without a sideshow.

Looking forward to another Trout MVP run!

I remember when I was a kid and Nolan Ryan left to go to the Astros to be the first million dollar a year player. I was devastated. I was young. I knew nothing about business or money. All I knew was my heart was ripped out.

Now as an adult, I'm woke. I understand everything I did not back then. Still Trout leaving would have felt worse than Ryan's departure.

Thanks Trouty, Artie, Angels, etc for not having to put me through this again.

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

You guys realize that we'll still have three more years of Pujols batting cleanup behind Trout?

So you think Eppler and Ausmus have been lying?

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I just hope they're not mesmerized by Albert's HOF numbers and instead do things rationally, even if it means Pujols sits and his feelings are hurt.

It's like you haven't been paying attention to what they've been saying since Ausmus signed.