• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

"If there is somebody who deserves it and has earned it, it's him," Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus said. "He is the only one everybody will say, 'He deserves it.' Anyone who comments in a negative way doesn't know baseball. He is the best player in the game. He shows up every year and you can always say the same thing about him. He is a humble person who plays the game the right way. He is the face of baseball."

20 minutes ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

I remember when I was a kid and Nolan Ryan left to go to the Astros to be the first million dollar a year player. I was devastated. I was young. I knew nothing about business or money. All I knew was my heart was ripped out.

Now as an adult, I'm woke. I understand everything I did not back then. Still Trout leaving would have felt worse than Ryan's departure.

Thanks Trouty, Artie, Angels, etc for not having to put me through this again.

I was upset too, but when Bavasi said they could just sign two 8-7 pitchers to replace him, all was good.

47 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I just hope they're not mesmerized by Albert's HOF numbers and instead do things rationally, even if it means Pujols sits and his feelings are hurt.

Pujols is worse than Ohtani. Nobody in the world (including Albert) believes otherwise. Pujols will not play over Ohtani. Pujols can’t stay healthy at 1B. This means he will sit more than he’d like and probably get injured paying 1B. When healthy, he won’t bat lower than Trout, Ohtani, or Upton if all three are in the lineup. 

Man if this really does negate the last 2 years of his current contract, they just had Trout for essentially 4 years 74M. Not that they did anything with it, but damn Eppler just shifted Pujols future money to Trout with only a couple million increase for the next 2 years...he should be extended on that premise alone.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

I still predict that Pujols and the Halos will agree on how to pay out the remaining $59 million due for 2020-2021 (during ten year services contract?) , and then he will stop playing after 2019.     As Doc said, batting 5th until Ohtani returns, and then 6th.

actually I think I screwed that up.  After Ohtani comes back, he'll still hit 5th because then Bour won't be in there when he is.  

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I still predict that Pujols and the Halos will agree on how to pay out the remaining $59 million due for 2020-2021 (during ten year services contract?) , and then he will stop playing after 2019.     As Doc said, batting 5th until Ohtani returns, and then 6th.

also, I am hoping your first point will be the next big announcement.