• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

This insures that the Angels will almost certainly never have to do an intensive rebuild the next decade. All things being equal, they will  have the stable foundation (Trout, Ohtani, Addell, possibly Simmons) to contend long term. Assuming that a solid pitching staff evolves/progresses in the next few years.

Trout could remain the foundation of two or even three re-tooling cycles as well. The stability of his presence long term now means that the Angels become one of the most attractive markets for free agents. Hopefully Eppler continues to prioritize the farm system, but has enough flexibility to make necessary trades/signings.

Pitching really is critical to get to championship level, but keeping Trout is going to have an amazing number of positive effects on and off the field.

This is incredible.  It is tough to look at a $430 million contract and call it a bargain, but man, this is a really good deal for both the player and the team.  Trout could have gone in to the free agent market and gotten more, but why?  He got the biggest deal ever and it increases the Angels budget by $2 million annually, a-fucking-mazing.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is incredible.  It is tough to look at a $430 million contract and call it a bargain, but man, this is a really good deal for both the player and the team.  Trout could have gone in to the free agent market and gotten more, but why?  He got the biggest deal ever and it increases the Angels budget by $2 million annually, a-Facking-mazing.  

It'll be super interesting to see what Betts gets now. Either way, this is a great deal for us.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

This is incredible.  It is tough to look at a $430 million contract and call it a bargain, but man, this is a really good deal for both the player and the team.  Trout could have gone in to the free agent market and gotten more, but why?  He got the biggest deal ever and it increases the Angels budget by $2 million annually, a-Facking-mazing.  

Amen. Speaks yet more volumes to the fiber of the guy. I’m not saying he’s a diety or a god, but I also have yet to not see him able to walk on water. 

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Now... about that Eppler extension....

I'm not sure how much this had to do with Eppler, at least directly...this is probably more of an Arte and the money folks. Sure, maybe seeing what Eppler is doing trying to build a winner around him, but Eppler wasn't pulling the strings on this signing.

26 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

This insures that the Angels will almost certainly never have to do an intensive rebuild the next decade. All things being equal, they will  have the stable foundation (Trout, Ohtani, Addell, possibly Simmons) to contend long term. Assuming that a solid pitching staff evolves/progresses in the next few years.

Trout could remain the foundation of two or even three re-tooling cycles as well. The stability of his presence long term now means that the Angels become one of the most attractive markets for free agents. Hopefully Eppler continues to prioritize the farm system, but has enough flexibility to make necessary trades/signings.

Pitching really is critical to get to championship level, but keeping Trout is going to have an amazing number of positive effects on and off the field.

HEALTHY pitching is the real necessity here. I'm fed up with all the TJ surgeries and other assorted ailments on this team. Just stop it already!!!

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

What I learned today is that Stephen A Smith (whom I've never watched before) is a dumbass.

He was uninformed, but not a dumbass, in my opinion.  I often wonder just how hard it would be to have a National show.  He called them Anaheim and said he wasn’t going to call them Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.  It took us on this board two years to realize they dropped the of Anaheim part of the name.  He also said Trout was 26 years old.  I won’t call him a dumbass because he didn’t disrespect the Angels and felt the Angels signing him was good for baseball.  Oh and he also talked shit on the Dodgers and Mets.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He was uninformed, but not a dumbass, in my opinion.  I often wonder just how hard it would be to have a National show.  He called them Anaheim and said he wasn’t going to call them Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.  It took us on this board two years to realize they dropped the of Anaheim part of the name.  He also said Trout was 26 years old.  I won’t call him a dumbass because he didn’t disrespect the Angels and felt the Angels signing him was good for baseball.  Oh and he also talked shit on the Dodgers and Mets.  

He also said the Angels were 88-82 last year, and the Astros won 153 games.

There are lots of nice dumbasses.

26 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure how much this had to do with Eppler, at least directly...this is probably more of an Arte and the money folks. Sure, maybe seeing what Eppler is doing trying to build a winner around him, but Eppler wasn't pulling the strings on this signing.

Contracts go through the GM and are approved by the owner. It was a deal negotiated by Eppler and Landis. Moreno's only role was setting a ceiling. 

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

What I learned today is that Stephen A Smith (whom I've never watched before) is a dumbass.

Yeah, I watched his usual shouting and how Trout had earned his paycheck, then immediately made it about the Yankees and how their players needed to earn their contracts. Never went back to Trout, it was all about Yankees.