• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

16 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Wow! I didn't think my opinion of Philadelphia could go any lower. Stupid and classless. Talking a lot of shit for a team that hasn't done anything but spend money. 

Disney still owns the Angels? We are still paying Hamilton's contract? 

16 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Per Bob Nightengale...

They knew that Trout was fully invested in the organization. Trout even studied videos and watched hitters before the last few drafts, and personally lobbied for the Angels to draft outfielder Jo Adell in 2017. They drafted, signed him, and Trout even gave him his cell phone number, telling him to call whenever he needed anything.

This is actually pretty interesting stuff .... https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/03/19/mike-trout-never-wanted-to-leave-los-angeles-angels/3211347002/

Now that I'm not on my phone I can express more excitement!

I love Mike Trout! This guy is the ultimate professional, very outstanding person. Keeps everything in house, doesn't bitch about W/L, teammates, coaching, etc..., dude just plays the game hard every play. Being a Jeter fan that he is, I was hoping that Mike would stay with one team forever. 

Now its on ownership to get out of some bad money and put some pieces around him to contend. We need to win this man a ring. You have to think the Trout saw the opportunity to play with Addell and Ohtani for his career as a key reason for sticking with the Angels. I like that he hasn't complained about these mediocre seasons...you know he sees the upswing on the horizon if a couple pieces fall together. Now with Trout locked down, I fully expect in the next 2 seasons or so for the Angels to make some power plays for some pitching. 

24 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Ok bro. Asking questions about details of the contract is not being a downer.  I'm super stoked to see there isn't any.  If there were opt outs sprinkled in it would be a mess.  The narrative of him leaving would never stop.  Great job arte. Eppler, and trout! 

It was in jest.  Anything he's signing right now is going to lock him up beyond the 2 years on his previous contract so that's a win regardless of the details.    

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I tried to keep quiet about this during the off season. A few on here know what aim getting at. 

I knew this was being worked on at the end of last season. The no opt out thing being part of it.... literally was just back east this weekend, telling NY fans the same. TROUT DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE HERE, HE DIDNT WANT TO PLAY BACK EAST. He likes his privacy out here..

Ill say it again, Wonk. Ive never taken pictures of it so I cant provide them. But Ive seen mike eat pizza here. And taco bell. And donuts. And actual adult food as well. The reason you cant google those pics is that he doesnt get bothered here...thats why he likes it here.

Biggest contract in history. NOW CUT MORENO SOME SLACK. This didnt come out of nowhere...its been the priority the last 2 years or so.

Now we can all calm down, and build a team smartly, instead of out of panic.

Mad respect, playa.

6 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Wow! I didn't think my opinion of Philadelphia could go any lower. Stupid and classless. Talking a lot of shit for a team that hasn't done anything but spend money. 

My favorites..

389 points·2 hours ago
award-silver-cartoon.png

This is definitely gonna make it tougher to sign him in 2020.

RIP Trout on Philles (2020-2019)

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Do any of realize just how good of a deal the Angels got?  This literally adds only 2 million onto what Trout makes on a yearly basis already.  They literally just locked up the GOAT for only 2 million more a year!  And with Pujols coming off the books soon, they'll have money to spend.  On top of all of that, they also have a huge wave of prospects arriving in the next two years, and another wave after that, and if Eppler is doing his job right, subsequent waves to follow.

2020-2030 is going to be a GREAT decade to be an Angels fan. 

looked at the Astros board take on Tout extension. They said Trout will one of the greatest players ever to never win/play in a World Series...

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

So, they essentially extended him for 10 years/$362 million.     That is great for both parties.   Trout gets to be a Halos player for his entire career hopefully and get paid more than anyone in MLB currently, and the Halos save anywhere from $5-$10 million/season from what people were guessing he would sign for.

17 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I tried to keep quiet about this during the off season. A few on here know what aim getting at. 

I knew this was being worked on at the end of last season. The no opt out thing being part of it.... literally was just back east this weekend, telling NY fans the same. TROUT DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE HERE, HE DIDNT WANT TO PLAY BACK EAST. He likes his privacy out here..

Ill say it again, Wonk. Ive never taken pictures of it so I cant provide them. But Ive seen mike eat pizza here. And taco bell. And donuts. And actual adult food as well. The reason you cant google those pics is that he doesnt get bothered here...thats why he likes it here.

Biggest contract in history. NOW CUT MORENO SOME SLACK. This didnt come out of nowhere...its been the priority the last 2 years or so.

Now we can all calm down, and build a team smartly, instead of out of panic.

Yep -- you went on record in no uncertain terms...  And it happened.   https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/03/19/mike-trout-never-wanted-to-leave-los-angeles-angels/3211347002/   

Yet, Trout was certainly cognizant of the demands of playing at home. There would be endless ticket requests and demands on his time. He could no longer retreat quietly to the beaches. He would be a walking billboard where everyone would know what he was doing every waking moment.

That bit above from the article is almost word for word what you said to us...

I guess we can call off the hit men now eh?

Cheers, Bro!

2 hours ago, floplag said:

It speak to the character of the man that it didnt get to 40M.  Hes smart enough to not get greedy and know that the more he took the less the team had for other areas. 
Its fair, its appropriate, and it shouldnt cripple the team so they can actually build around him now that thi issue is no longer hanging over everything.   

just realized this.  His new contract doesn't add to the teams current budget does it?

21 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Someone needs to tell that fool that:

a) The NFL has two point conversions now.

b)  GW Bush is no longer POTUS.

c)  Al Davis no longer owns the Raiders. 

d)  The O'Malley family no longer owns the Dogs.  

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Someone needs to tell that fool that:

a) The NFL has two point conversions now.

b)  GW Bush is no longer POTUS.

c)  Al Davis no longer owns the Raiders. 

d)  The O'Malley family no longer owns the Dogs.  

Next you're going to tell me Marge Schott doesn't own the Reds anymore