• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

20 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

12 more years of hearing Trout say "you know" 17 million times every time he talks. HA!  It's a word whisker that really bugs me for some reason.  His one major flaw?

I had an instructor in college who said "you know" all the freakin' time.  I used to count how many times in a 3 hour class... I still remember him saying it over 120 times in one class.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I had an instructor in college who said "you know" all the freakin' time.  I used to count how many times in a 3 hour class... I still remember him saying it over 120 times in one class.

I would have quit the class like Elaine when her instructor kept making that ahhh sound after he took a drink.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I still remember a professor in a "Speech and Interviewing Techniques" class at LBSU in the late 1970s hammering home constantly not using "You know"s.   

I think it was James Worthy, who was one of the most prolific at using it in his playing days.   Of course, when you go 36/16/10 in game 7 of the 1988 NBA finals, people naturally overlook it.

2 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Had to break my silence to say that this is bittersweet. 

It’s cool that one of the greatest players in history will spend his entire career with the Angels but it’s also disappointing that we will never see him play meaningful baseball during his prime and very possibly not at all in his career. You can only enjoy his greatness so much when you have to endure watching a 3 hour AAAA game for a moment of brilliance every now and again. 

I think everyone will always look back at his career with a “what could have been” attitude. He truly would have been a postseason legend if he was given a chance. 

Even if he does play and win a world series, youll say it was staged, and kubrick made the whole thing up.

Trout cant win.