• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep -- you went on record in no uncertain terms...  And it happened.   https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/03/19/mike-trout-never-wanted-to-leave-los-angeles-angels/3211347002/   

Yet, Trout was certainly cognizant of the demands of playing at home. There would be endless ticket requests and demands on his time. He could no longer retreat quietly to the beaches. He would be a walking billboard where everyone would know what he was doing every waking moment.

That bit above from the article is almost word for word what you said to us...

I guess we can call off the hit men now eh?

Cheers, Bro!

Now we can use the hitmen to get albert to retire :P

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

just realized this.  His new contract doesn't add to the teams current budget does it?

A couple mil at most, negligible.  
This really garnered a lot of respect for the man from me, he could have easily and justifiably asked for 40 and gotten it, but hes not greedy and he sees the big picture.  The more has got the less the club might have to do other things, and he clearly wants to win.  

Right on top of this though Gammons and some NE media are talking about Betts getting a record deal before going to FA.  Maybe the talk should be Betts coming here to play beside Trout and Adell over Harper and he in Philly :):):)  

Clarifying...

It is one contract, for 12 years, starting in 2019.

It is worth $426.5 million.

He was due 66.5 million for 2 years under the old deal, so they just stuck 10/$360 on top of that. The reason it's one deal, instead of a new one, is so they can maybe move around some of the cash between 19-20 and 21-30.

Also can I say that this is such a Mike Trout thing to do and speaks to his character. He could have waited his contract out, tested FA, watched even more money offers (from PHI and NYY) come in, but in typical Mike Trout fashion, he wanted to get it done so he could focus on baseball. Generally when players say the line "I just focus on baseball" they tend to be full of crap, but Trout really does mean it 

Now lets win a few rings!

1 minute ago, RBM said:

It looks like the Luxury Tax Salary/AAV will go up around $12 M (from $24 to $36) but the payroll salary will only go up $2 M. That will depend on how the years are structured. The extension is 10/$362 M but could stay at $34 M or less for the next 3 years until we get out from under the Pujols deal and then go up.

As far as the luxury tax, I am pretty sure that it adds $12M to that figure starting now. So there's a chunk of the luxury tax space you were all worried about. 

In terms of actual payroll, it still could change for this year, depending how the numbers work out when the deal is finalized.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

As far as the luxury tax, I am pretty sure that it adds $12M to that figure starting now. So there's a chunk of the luxury tax space you were all worried about. 

In terms of actual payroll, it still could change for this year, depending how the numbers work out when the deal is finalized.

This is what you were imparting in previous posts about the Angels budget and how it wasn't really as much about the luxury tax. They knew they had cap space but it was to be used for the Trout extension. This was a ceiling their payroll had room to grow in. 

The operating cost budget was a separate issue and the extension fits into that as well. On first glance it is a modest raise from his current salary but has tapped that part of the budget permanently. 

They see other contracts expiring and offering more flexibility and the infusion of cost controlled promotion from the farm making the Trout extension a good business move. 

Sound reporting and analysis on your part. Some of the more pessimistic on the board should have paid better attention.

6 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Now we need Artie and the COA to make a long term deal.

Absolutely. Really want them to stay put. A lot of my family grew up or lived, if not in the shadow of the Big A, within the reverse-penumbra of the firework onslaught. 

Drove by it every summer morning on the way to Grandma and Gramp’s house off Ball. They’re long gone, but the Angels are still here. And so is TROUT!