• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

Just now, Angel Mook said:

This is my first post (Hi guys, loooooong time lurker), but I just had to say that as an Angel fan for 41 years this has got to be in the top three greatest Angel moments of all time. If not number one!

I just joined last week after years of hedging. Damn good timing! Welcome and congrats!!!

6 minutes ago, Angel Mook said:

This is my first post (Hi guys, loooooong time lurker), but I just had to say that as an Angel fan for 41 years this has got to be in the top three greatest Angel moments of all time. If not number one!

I don't look at contract signings as the pinnacle of any franchise's history. This is and always will be the greatest moment of all time.

5zlEAK.gif

I look forward to Trout reenacting Erstad's catch in the future.

10 minutes ago, Angel Mook said:

Yeah this is a close second to the 2002 World Series victory. 

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Contracts go through the GM and are approved by the owner. It was a deal negotiated by Eppler and Landis. Moreno's only role was setting a ceiling. 

yeah, I would guess you are kind of off on this one

This isn't signing a draft choice or a one year contract on a FA...but a huge commitment on part of not only the organization, but Trout. 

16 minutes ago, Angel Mook said:

It’s really close to 2002 for me. Nothing else comes close. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ha, I am having a lot of "I told you so" feelings today :)

Fabian and Taylor Blake Ward have been saying in Q&A’s all offseason, “Why would he re-sign now? He probably will become a FA to see how much he can make.” 

Kudos, Jeff, and appreciate the voice of reason through it all. 

1 hour ago, RBM said:

The fact Trout agreed to no player options is a huge endorsement for Billy Eppler and his front office team. It's obvious, especially after reading the Bob Nightengale piece, Trout is happy with the direction of the team and wants to end the mindless speculation once and for all. 

It's also interesting to compare the big three contracts now:

Machado signed through his age 35 season - $300 M total / $30 M per year.

Harper signed through his age 38 season - $330 M Total / $25.4 M per year.

Trout signed through his age 38 season - $430 M / $35.8 M per year. (He's currently making $ 34 M)

I'll take the Trout contract every day over the other two and it still gives the Angels flexibility to continue to build around him.

One of the best parts: No more inane speculations on him leaving or the Angels trading him. There is no opt out. There is a full no trade clause. It’s over. He’s in for his career. Suck it, haters!

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, I watched his usual shouting and how Trout had earned his paycheck, then immediately made it about the Yankees and how their players needed to earn their contracts. Never went back to Trout, it was all about Yankees. 

Not a fan of the shouting. 

Trout wants to win more then anything and I don’t think he would have stayed if he didn’t think we were gonna be contenders in a couple of years.

Lets put it this way, I don’t think he’s signing an extension if he’s on the Orioles.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

A couple mil at most, negligible.  
This really garnered a lot of respect for the man from me, he could have easily and justifiably asked for 40 and gotten it, but hes not greedy and he sees the big picture.  The more has got the less the club might have to do other things, and he clearly wants to win.  

Right on top of this though Gammons and some NE media are talking about Betts getting a record deal before going to FA.  Maybe the talk should be Betts coming here to play beside Trout and Adell over Harper and he in Philly :):):)  

+1

Let the Red Sux fans sweat it out, just like Halos fans had to.