• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

My first choice is Upton, but because we could keep our draft pick I would be ok with Cespedes depending on contract. I also wouldn't mind Gordon. I wonder how people would feel here if they decided to go get Cespedes but then sign Howie and lose their draft pick.

Howie is worth a draft pick for me. You have the Trout window to consider.

I thought there was more than one from all the negative posts about it.

Would you be happy to have him back? What would he project to make? Would it affect who else we sign?

I would love to have Howie back, but to me I wouldn't sign him if he was the reason we lost our pick. If we went out and got Upton or Gordon, then I would then sign Howie. Just looked up his stats and one year Howie had 26 GIDP, even with that year he has had only 144 for his ten year career. So an average of 14 a year. Take out those 26 and he has averaged about 11 a year. So basically one double play every 12 games or so throughout his career.

I would love to have Howie back, but to me I wouldn't sign him if he was the reason we lost our pick. If we went out and got Upton or Gordon, then I would then sign Howie. Just looked up his stats and one year Howie had 26 GIDP, even with that year he has had only 144 for his ten year career. So an average of 14 a year. Take out those 26 and he has averaged about 11 a year. So basically one double play every 12 games or so throughout his career.

Thanks for your input.

Looked up how he did last year with the Dogs

117 games played, 17 GIDP. Which factors into 23.538 for 162 games

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kendrho01.shtml

In 2015 HK hit .360/.398/.480 with RISP and .335/.373/.450 with men on base.

http://www.baseball-...kendrho01.shtml

He had a terrible defensive season and is 32 year old now. If you're signing him, it needs to be a 3 year commitment at most for 10 million a season, and we need to get Upton with him because giving up a draft pick for just Kendrick wouldn't be smart.

More than 3 years for Kendrick seems really risky to me...He's not the greatest athlete in the first place...any more decline in skills and he's just an average ball player or worse. I wouldn't commit to someone for more than 3 years unless the ceiling is high or they are young (I'd give Upton 6 years)

WAR's a number ... breaking downs stats is a whole different ballgame.

3 is a number. war is an aggregate equation. don't be confused.

btw, if you'd just say, "hey guys, they use more than war to define a player", then you'd be golden.

Edited by ukyah

He had a terrible defensive season and is 32 year old now. If you're signing him, it needs to be a 3 year commitment at most for 10 million a season, and we need to get Upton with him because giving up a draft pick for just Kendrick wouldn't be smart.

More than 3 years for Kendrick seems really risky to me...He's not the greatest athlete in the first place...any more decline in skills and he's just an average ball player or worse. I wouldn't commit to someone for more than 3 years unless the ceiling is high or they are young (I'd give Upton 6 years)

He had a 5 war season the year before with us. I still believe he can be a good defender, who knows -- maybe he wasn't used to playing without Aybar by his side after playing with him for 9 years in the majors. 

Cardinals losing interest in spending the money needed to sign one of the top free agent outfielders. We know KC won't spend the money needed for Gordon ... yet he's still on their wish list.

Rosenthal reporting that Giants are going hard after Cueto. I wonder if the price for Gordon got too high and they are changing course. Maybe Gordon to the Angels soon?

Edited by elbooboo

I'm happy with the reconstruction of the team and the over all outcome of the offseason thus far. I've noticed many of you are sitting on the edge of your seats, thinking were in dire straits but virtually none/any of our targets are off the board. The team today is better than last years squad. The winter meetings is basically just a giant Christmas party for the league and a way to celebrate your organization as a whole(ish). Not everything has too be done within that week and we've got a long way to go before spring training. Don't be surprised if the teams immediate direction is something similar too....

1. Leftfielder

2. Power lefty pen arm

3. Sign SP

4. Trade SP depth

5. Lefty 2b/DH

Edited by DailyHalo