• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

I'm still wondering why we haven't made an attempt to sign "The Final Boss". Guy is supposedto be electric.

Korean guy? They have the best names. Just when you think they give someone a name that cannot be topped, like Greatest Leader, they name someone Greatest Leader Ever, or Most Greatest Leader, or Most Greatest Leader Ever.

Holy Shit!!!!

The Angels need to sign Kim for LF.

"And while drops in what he produced in KBO are certainly to be expected, a .275 batting average with a .350 on-base percentage, 10-12 homers and 60 walks are all reasonable expectations for Kim in 2016, his age-28 season."

"No posting fee. The contract won't be overwhelming -- three years and an average annual value of $3.5 million to $5 million could be expected, with a potential option year on the back end." 

IMO, this is what the Angels should do.  I'd take those numbers at that cost in LF in a heartbeat.  Also, the saved money would make so the Angels could fill 2B and BP.

This is a brilliant idea.

Holy Shit!!!!

"And while drops in what he produced in KBO are certainly to be expected, a .275 batting average with a .350 on-base percentage, 10-12 homers and 60 walks are all reasonable expectations for Kim in 2016, his age-28 season."

"No posting fee. The contract won't be overwhelming -- three years and an average annual value of $3.5 million to $5 million could be expected, with a potential option year on the back end." 

IMO, this is what the Angels should do.  I'd take those numbers at that cost in LF in a heartbeat.  Also, the saved money would make so the Angels could fill 2B and BP.

Yes it is.

Welcome to the Angels, Denard Span!

Holy Shit!!!!

Signing him to be the 4th outfielder/DH at that price would have been nice.  But instead we went a whole different way.

Some of you are getting pretty worked up over this Korean.  No one has ever seen him perform in the majors, or our minor league systems for that matter.  We know very little about him personally, and the adjustments he would have to make to play here.  That's a big risk.  And if he's such an attraction, don't you think 29 other teams are in on this one.  It's not like he's our little secret.  I'm not saying that it isn't a good risk for us, just things aren't always as easy and fantastic as they appear.  Yes, if he could adjust and put up the quoted numbers that would be the deal of the year, just color me skeptical until we know more.

Span is a 3 WAR player?  News to me.  Looks like he is more of a 1-2 WAR player.

Span actually is a 3 WAR player per his previous numbers and if he isn't injured.  But that's a big if and we don't know what to expect going forward.  He is a .350obp guy when healthy and will steal you 25-30 bags. Not saying I'd be psyched if we went there instead of with Upton, but if they are going to go cheap, he seems to be a solid choice.