• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

I would have gone as high as $230 for him given certain circumstances. Ultimately you very well may be right with regards to why him and Zobrist chose the Cubs over us, and that speaks quite strongly towards the disfunction of the Angels organization recently.

Anaheim used to be a very desirable place to come and play 10 years ago. Today we have the best player in baseball but we have to overpay as if we were the Minnesota effing Twins.

I'd have been fine with 8/205 but that would put the Angels over the tax and so far, it looks like Arte won't do that.

Most GM's don't agree ... stumbling block for the Cards and others.

Again I haven't seen the details, but in another thread I advocated giving him a large up front contract with multiple opt out clauses. He is worth a lot of money per year, far more than he was going to get on a long term deal. It sounds like Chicago may have offered him something similar to what I suggested, and he chose that over more traditional contracts that we worth more total dollars.

Again I haven't seen the details, but in another thread I advocated giving him a large up front contract with multiple opt out clauses. He is worth a lot of money per year, far more than he was going to get on a long term deal. It sounds like Chicago may have offered him something similar to what I suggested, and he chose that over more traditional contracts that we worth more total dollars.

Giving him more money up front is appealing to the player ... not as appealing to the team since they still have to guarantee him another $100+M if the player regresses and chooses not to opt out. You do remember Vernon Wells?

Why not just sign him to a three year/75M deal, right?

Giving him more money up front is appealing to the player ... not as appealing to the team since they still have to guarantee him another $100+M if the player regresses and chooses not to opt out. You do remember Vernon Wells?

Why not just sign him to a three year/75M deal, right?

He isn't going to sign for 3/$75. The front loaded, multi opt out structure is mutually beneficial. Heyward gets paid over the next 3 years what the market dictates he deserves right now. No team is willing to pay that much to him 7, 8, 9, 10 years into the future because who knows how he'll age. This way the team gets to pay him a lower salary on the back end in the case he regresses, while if he doesn't Heyward can opt out and maximum his value once again in another deal.

If we have give Pujols a similar deal (he's older so he probably wouldn't have accepted it) his contract would probably be decreasing with the years rather than increasing.

The reason why you sign players to long term contracts is to save money and the players gets security in return.

Now the player wants no trades clauses and the ability to opt out for more money. It's nice to be a player or agent nowadays.

Cubs will not be happy in three years from now. Book it!

3 World Series rings might help with that 

And at least one other team, possibly the Angels, also beat Chicago’s total guarantee with its bid. (That’s per Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Twitter links; see here for he Halos’ late interest.)

That makes me feel better if true.  As long as the Angels tried to get him, they did their part.

The reason why you sign players to long term contracts is to save money and the players gets security in return.

Now the player wants no trades clauses and the ability to opt out for more money. It's nice to be a player or agent nowadays.

Cubs will not be happy in three years from now. Book it!

we've already been over this ground, so it's moot, but you're seemingly incapable of understanding the concept of mutual beneficiaries.

we've already been over this ground, so it's moot, but you're seemingly incapable of understanding the concept of mutual beneficiaries.

There's a reason why the Cubs were the only team to offer a three year opt-out clause. Mutually beneficial would be when either party could opt out.

I get your thinking ... no worries here.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer has decided to retire, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports on Twitter. Needless to say, that’s a major surprise, particularly as Cuddyer stands to earn $12.5MM this year in the second and final season of his contract.

Good to know there are still guys out there willing to step away from the game even when they are owed a lot of money.

Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer has decided to retire, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports on Twitter. Needless to say, that’s a major surprise, particularly as Cuddyer stands to earn $12.5MM this year in the second and final season of his contract.

Good to know there are still guys out there willing to step away from the game even when they are owed a lot of money.

Cespedes back to ny

Edited by nando714

Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer has decided to retire, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports on Twitter. Needless to say, that’s a major surprise, particularly as Cuddyer stands to earn $12.5MM this year in the second and final season of his contract.

yeah, that is cool to him. Sometimes money isnt everything.

Points to Pujols.