• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

There are still trades happening...Stros send Straily to Pads for a 35 YO back up catcher?

Man...sounds like a high price to replace Soto.

Figured it was better to bump this than to start a new thread.

Padres Acquire Straily in Trade With Astros

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/padres-acquire-straily-trade-astros-37991661

can we pick up swisher for cheap?

let him join the fight for LF.

He could fill Choi's role.

Eek. Never mind. I'll take Choi and Marte over Swisher all day every day after looking up his past two seasons and spring. He's done.

Edited by totdprods

1. #Angels send $25,000 to #Reds to get back LHP Chris O'Grady. CIN took him in Rule 5 draft, offered him back to LAA. He'll go to triple-A.

8 retweets12 likes

Retweet

More

2.  Alden Gonzalez Retweeted

#Angels have accepted return assignment of Rule 5 selected player, LHP Chris O'Grady, from Reds. Assigned to SLC roster.

13 retweets33 likes

Retweet

More

Yeah, I jumped the gun on that. Sandoval came in fat as ever, no respect for his obligations and has been bumped by a defensive replacement. There should be some sort of out clause for a club that has a guy that signs a contract and then gives up voluntarily.

Sandoval was good in the playoffs, but his last year in SF he sure didn't do anything to help them get there.

And...Sandoval is out of shape?

That's shocking. I can NOT believe it.

Boston gave him all that money expecting him to stay in shape?

That's damn near as stupid as giving Hamilton a bunch of money and believing his promise to stay clean and sober.

Good for the redsox. I don't understand why players aren't required to be in game shape when they sign these massive contracts. 

If a player showed up giving no effort at all, wouldn't that be a breach of contract? So Why is showing up 50 pounds overweight not a breach? Why does there have to be a clause in the contract specifying he be in shape.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

Sandoval was good in the playoffs, but his last year in SF he sure didn't do anything to help them get there.

And...Sandoval is out of shape?

That's shocking. I can NOT believe it.

Boston gave him all that money expecting him to stay in shape?

That's damn near as stupid as giving Hamilton a bunch of money and believing his promise to stay clean and sober.

At least the Angels made sure to include drug testing. Hamilton found a loophole in the contract and exploited it though.

Whoever wrote up that contract for the Angels dun goofed.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

At least the Angels made sure to include drug testing. Hamilton found a loophole in the contract and exploited it though.

Whoever wrote up that contract for the Angels dun goofed.

the were bound by the collective bargaining agreement which should have protected them.  when an arbitrator rules that a guy who admitted to doing drugs didn't violate his treatment program because of a technicality then what are you gonna do.  Hamilton and his agent/attorney outplayed the CBA and the Angels.  It was a get out of jail free card and he used it.  Otherwise, he was likely going to be suspended for at least a year and it would have saved the halos 25mil.  

Also, if Josh doesn't play that card, he's probably still a Halo.  

At this point, I'd rather have Daniel Nava than Josh Hamilton.  

You really gotta respect Farrel. "My focus is on the guys that are in uniform, not what's attached to them or what their contract states."

Take notes Sosh...

Maybe you forgot the Guillen incident or the benching of Matthews Jr, dumping Hillenbrand before mid season, the benching of Wells, etc...

Take notes Marco.

the were bound by the collective bargaining agreement which should have protected them.  when an arbitrator rules that a guy who admitted to doing drugs didn't violate his treatment program because of a technicality then what are you gonna do.  Hamilton and his agent/attorney outplayed the CBA and the Angels.  It was a get out of jail free card and he used it.  Otherwise, he was likely going to be suspended for at least a year and it would have saved the halos 25mil.  

Also, if Josh doesn't play that card, he's probably still a Halo.  

At this point, I'd rather have Daniel Nava than Josh Hamilton.  

Yup -- he's not an Angel because he gamed the system to save his own ass, not because he fell off the wagon.