• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

I find it laughable to think we have a "surplus" of pitching... we have a bunch of average pitching at best. Nothing to take home about unless Richards pitches like he did two years, Skaggs comes back from surgery like its cool and CJ stops nibbling. With all of that I would say we are pretty average with a pretty turd bullpen besides Street & Smith.  

Hicks was one potential trade target for the LF spot.

The Skanks may have fleeced the Twins, because I just don't see what Murphy brings to the table except to take Mauer's spot now that he needs to mainly play 1B instead of C.

The main bullpen going forward consists of a usually solid Street (sans the Houston hiccup), a somewhat declining but still not old Smith, a young Gott who is struggling to find a 2nd pitch, a young Morin who shows signs but also struggles more than one would like, a Bedrock Jr. who showed a little improvement late in the season but still is an unknown going forward, a decent/solid Alvarez and Ramos, and a guy (Salas) who should never, eeeever come in with runners on base.

That doesn't sound like a finished bullpen by any means to me.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The Phillies have made Ken Giles is available in trade talks. Klentak obviously knows the farm system very well and values our prospects differently than any other GM. I wonder if Giles can be obtained without parting with A top prospect.

Good thinking, and that thought process makes sense, but I imagine the only reason they're dangling him is to bring in that top prospect. He knows the Phils need players like that and a top-notch closer may not be that valuable to a team in their position for '16-'17, but he's gonna want someone of high pedigree I think. Someone will pay that.

Hicks was one potential trade target for the LF spot.

The Skanks may have fleeced the Twins, because I just don't see what Murphy brings to the table except to take Mauer's spot now that he needs to mainly play 1B instead of C.

The main bullpen going forward consists of a usually solid Street (sans the Houston hiccup), a somewhat declining but still not old Smith, a young Gott who is struggling to find a 2nd pitch, a young Morin who shows signs but also struggles more than one would like, a Bedrock Jr. who showed a little improvement late in the season but still is an unknown going forward, a decent/solid Alvarez and Ramos, and a guy (Salas) who should never, eeeever come in with runners on base.

That doesn't sound like a finished bullpen by any means to me.

You're analysis is good, but bullpens are never finished.  They are more fluid than oil running through an engine.

Hey Guys, my names Bryan. I'm new to an account but have been stocking the site for a season. i figure having some input, opposed to just reading all the time. Well I don't have much time to really elaborate to too much, sense I'm not on my computer right now. I just wanted to throw out a few suggestions and see how you guys feel about em'.

In no Particular order:

1. Sign Fowler 3-4 yrs 12-18M

2. Sign Rasmus 3-4 yrs 12-18M

3. Sign Jordan Zimmermann 6-8 yrs 21-23M

Trade:

Calhoun, Santiago, Kubitza, Cron/Prospect For Manny Machado.

I can discuss some of my thought process a little later. Obviously it can be tweaked here and there. Maybe throw in street/Wilson + 10M and get Britton. Its just one of many many possibilities this year. Just not Newcomb or Ward.

Hey Guys, my names Bryan. I'm new to an account but have been stocking the site for a season. i figure having some input, opposed to just reading all the time. Well I don't have much time to really elaborate to too much, sense I'm not on my computer right now. I just wanted to throw out a few suggestions and see how you guys feel about em'.

In no Particular order:

Trade:

I can discuss some of my thought process a little later. Obviously it can be tweaked here and there. Maybe throw in street/Wilson + 10M and get Britton. Its just one of many many possibilities this year. Just not Newcomb or Ward.

Interesting.  Not sure if machado is available.  But that's an interesting package.  

Definitely an all in, win now types of moves.  I'm just hesitant on whether we can sign so many free agents.  But if we can, that would be a nice lineup.

In no Particular order:

Trade:

Is that you Tony Reagins?

The Angels are said to have some money, so Chris Davis would seem to be a potential fit ... Word is, they have interest in Asdrubal Cabrera ...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25369902/inside-baseball-dodgers-eye-greinke-price-murphy-utley-more-mlb-notes

the teason this makes so much sense is because thats exactly how this offseason is going to go,we'll all get boners for someone like chris davis and end with with cabrera