• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Craig Edwards ‏@craigjedwards

When looking at anybody's splits, keep in mind that last year, hitters had a 105 wRC+ at home and a 95 wRC+ on the road.

Again, here's a good read on the Coors effect

http://m.rockies.mlb.com/news/article/159753498/carlos-gonzalez-is-not-a-coors-field-creation

While playing in Colorado obviously helps a player's home performance, evidence shows it may also hurt their road performance. For example, over the past 10 seasons, the Rockies scored 4,596 runs at home, unsurprisingly the most in baseball. But over the same period on the road, they scored 3,089 runs, the fewest in baseball, 151 runs behind 29th-place Houston. In order for both of those things to be true, either Coors Field would have to elevate baseball's worst offense to play like its best, or a middle-of-the-pack team would have had to receive positive effects at home and negative effects on the road -- which seems far more realistic. You can call that "the Coors Field effect."

Dickerson likely won't be a .300 hitter, but I still see a guy who can hit .270+ with 25-30 HR from a corner OF spot. The move to the AL East should be nice too since that division is filled with hitters parks so I'm not even sure there will be much drop-off. It's all moot anyway since the Angels don't have any reliever as good as Jake McGee so they couldn't have afforded Dickerson anyway

Dude's OBP was almost 200 points lower away from Coors.

Pujols OPS was over 100 points lower on the road this past year

Calhoun had a .369 slg % away from Anaheim and an OPS well over 100 points lower on the road

Cron had a .368 slg % away from Ahaheim and a .658 OPS on the road

And to think, Angels stadium actually is more of a pitcher friendly park than a hitter friendly one.

Calhoun had a .369 slg % away from Anaheim and an OPS well over 100 points lower on the road

And to think, Angels stadium actually is more of a pitcher friendly park than a hitter friendly one.

Thank you for doing the work. I started, but got busy at work. 

Single season splits can be all over the place...  

Calhoun's OPS away in 2014 was 145 points higher.  Cron was nearly 80 points higher on the road...   Pulols has been pretty neutral home/away as an Angel -- a slight nod towards playing at home.

Nice move by Houston. Fister on a one year low-risk deal to help add depth to their rotation. Everybody else in the division continues to improve while the Angels hope to squeeze a replacement player out of the 20 or so minor league FA's they signed or traded for

Fister? I Harvey Cano her!

A feel good move for sure. 

Dodgers apparently close to bringing howie back

If the Angels think Escobar can play 2b (not sure that's realistic), it wouldn't surprise me to see Freese back, like Howie to the Dodgers, maybe on a one year deal....gets you close to the luxury tax and doesn't solve LF but at least it's something....

If the Angels think Escobar can play 2b (not sure that's realistic), it wouldn't surprise me to see Freese back, like Howie to the Dodgers, maybe on a one year deal....gets you close to the luxury tax and doesn't solve LF but at least it's something....

You are correct; it is not. The last time Escobar played 2b was in 2007 only 20 games. He could play shortstop....

Edited by ispy45

"Interestingly, the Angels once included Segura in a package for Zack Greinke (h/t Bill Shaiken of the LA Times). He’ll now have an opportunity to play alongside the ace. Per Bob Nightengale of USA Today (tweet), Segura will start for the DBacks – probably at second base."

Friggen Dipoto, we should have had both.

• 2 weeks later...

I went into the offseason feeling fine about sacrificing the pick but we've now moved so far up in the order it'd have to be a heck of a deal for Fowler to convince me to give it up. Desmond has been loosely connected to the Rays too, so there's a chance we could move up to #15. 

Well, with literally hours remaining before the opening of ML camps...

I'm bumping this thread in hopes someone will make a list of the top unsigned FA's. There has to be quite a few, most of them because of attached draft picks.

Expect the draft pick attachment rules to be changed drastically in the next CBA. Could actually be the #1 priority for the MLBPA.