• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Kiss the hopes of Dexter Fowler goodbye.If the Cubs sign Fowler I'm betting they will trade Soler to the Rays for one of their young arms and a reliever. 

Bruce Levine of Chicago's 670 The Score reports that the Cubs and White Sox both have continued interest in free agent center fielder Dexter Fowler.

While the White Sox are monitoring Fowler, a baseball executive told Levine on Wednesday that "the Cubs are still the most likely landing spot." The soon-to-be 30-year-old spent the 2015 campaign with the Northsiders, hitting .250/.346/.411 with 17 homers, 46 RBI, 20 steals, and eight triples across 596 at-bats. Fowler returning to the Cubs would likely put Jorge Soler squarely on the trading block. He'd bump Avisail Garcia and Melky Cabrera into a platoon on the south side.

Why can't some of you here believe the way the Angels are treating LF? They've been doing the same thing for years at 3rd. It's very clear that they think upgrades elsewhere will make up for a good or even decent LF. They are pretty much just hoping it works out.

I'm in no way justifying the LF situation; however, if the Angels can get 1.0 - 1.5 WAR out of LF in 2016, it is a major improvement over last season.

I understand not signing an expensive FA outfielder, but deal an arm or two for a legit bat to fill out the lineup. 

The one glowing weakness on the team heading into the offseason was not only NOT addressed, but the current replacements are no better than what we had last season.   

I understand not signing an expensive FA outfielder, but deal an arm or two for a legit bat to fill out the lineup. 

The one glowing weakness on the team heading into the offseason was not only NOT addressed, but the current replacements are no better than what we had last season.   

But they COULD be. That automatically makes them better.

Lol Rays traded a reliever McGee and a minor league pitcher for Dickerson and a minor league pitcher.

I still think Dickerson is a product of Coors, but he is better than Blackmon and could still pull his weight outside of Coors.

Edited by Ender

He's not making the decisions.

His decisions are we pick up random scrub A, and release random scrub B.

Its about economics, dont you get it?

You're not getting it. A trade of one of our pitchers for a young cheap hitter like Dickerson does NOT put us over the luxury tax. 

This is on Eppler to be creative and smart and work a trade.