• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Wtf from Alden

I'm told Angels are not seriously involved with Jason Heyward at this time. Also not Gordon, Upton or Cespedes. Certainly can change though.

Eh, I take Alden with a grain of salt usually. 

Angels have probably made a big offer to Heyward with a deadline and don't want opposing teams to counter-offer. Plays in to Arte's dislike of his offers being used for leverage. 

Easy for the Angels writer to downplay that interest. Morosi has been pretty accurate so far, and he reported the Angels as being in. If this Escobar trade goes down as well, I'd take his word more than Alden's.

I don't buy Alden's take for a minute. There is no way they aren't "in" in some way, shape or form on one of the big 4. If they aren't, then Arte can go **** himself.

Agree. He's a mouthpiece, they're trying to downplay their involvement so other teams don't increase their bids. Morosi says they're finalists and he has been very accurate recently.

As of right now we need

Left Fielder

Bullpen arm

3rd basemen

Unless you think CowaKubi can be an answer at 3rd. If we can fill all these positions, were easily the favorites to win the division next year.

Angels could still go get Daniel Murphy and put him or Escobar at third. Escobar is actually probably more likely to play third.

Could go cheap(er) for OFer with folks like Parra, Span, Fowler.

All those middling dollars though may take them out of FA pen arms.

This in theory solves the leadoff hitter spot.

Escobar, Heyward, Trout would be a good 1-3.

Edited by totdprods

Color me optimistic but I actually think we have improved a lot so far this offseason. Simmons is an upgrade over Aybar. They both post an identical OBP, but Simmons is a way better defensively, and no more mental midget Aybar mistakes.

We got an infielder who can post a solid OBP, and doesnt strike out. Now we have the option to plug 2b or 3b or do nothing and roll with Cowart/Gia.

If we sign a big bat for LF, we have the best outfield in baseball by far. To go along with a pretty competent infield. Defensively, we should be preventing a lot of runs next season. Id be okay with letting Freese walk, plugging in CowaKubi at 3rd, putting Escobar on 2nd, and watching a great infield defense take away base hits all season.

You sure?

Texas will be getting Yu back next year. Houston is improving. Seattle is improving.

I think the AL West can really go any way next year. SEA and OAK are really unlikely, but OAK has a tendency to come out of nowhere FAST and Seattle could also surprise. Wouldn't be surprised if both Wild Card teams came from the AL West.

Edited by totdprods