• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

If we still had Hamilton we would have gone after a 2b and 3b more seriously.  Arte forcing Hamilton away was so stupid.

it was an impressive chain of events that has potentially altered the outcome of this franchise for many years to come.  The only way to overcome it at this point is for Arte to suck it up and pretend like none of the residual financial burden even exists.  Otherwise, you waste two more years of Trout.  

just think. If we had outbid the Dogs for Greinke, he'd be off the team and we'd have 25mil extra to spend. Plus, we would have had Greinke for 3 years.

oh the what if game is so fun.

What if the Cardinals signed Pujols instead of the Angels?

As it turned out the Cardinals drafted Michael Wacha with the draft pick.

I hate this game!

I think Heyward left some years on the table for a higher AAV.  I don't think Cespedes or Upton will do that.  I think Upton is going to get 7/175.

meet you in the middle.  6/150 with a vesting option.  

And here we illustrate exactly why Heyward was the bargain of the offseason.

it was an impressive chain of events that has potentially altered the outcome of this franchise for many years to come.  The only way to overcome it at this point is for Arte to suck it up and pretend like none of the residual financial burden even exists.  Otherwise, you waste two more years of Trout.  

He would have been way overpaid based on his production but it would have been good enough that we wouldn't need another LF.

And here we illustrate exactly why Heyward was the bargain of the offseason.

pretty much.  Although I will say that if the nats had 200mil on the table, we probably would have had to have been above that to lure him away and then you start to get into it no longer being the 'bargain' of the offseason.  

I kinda get the sense, actually, that we weren't going to have a great chance to get him.  We checked in although I am not sure if we made an offer yet it seems that the Halos got a sense they were going to have to do more than everyone else to be considered. 

I am bummed we didn't get him or Zobrist, but it just doesn't feel like either of those guys would have come here and I am glad we didn't overpay to get them.  

pretty much. Although I will say that if the nats had 200mil on the table, we probably would have had to have been above that to lure him away and then you start to get into it no longer being the 'bargain' of the offseason.

I kinda get the sense, actually, that we weren't going to have a great chance to get him. We checked in although I am not sure if we made an offer yet it seems that the Halos got a sense they were going to have to do more than everyone else to be considered.

I am bummed we didn't get him or Zobrist, but it just doesn't feel like either of those guys would have come here and I am glad we didn't overpay to get them.

another thing to consider as far as the cubs getting a bargain. By all accounts the cubs have arrived. They should at worst contend for their division for the next 4-5years. How much are guys like heyward going to get paid in playoff shares? Thats something that no one will notice in annual cost, but is a big negotiations point.

Cubs > angels and a bunch of other teams in that regard going forward

pretty much.  Although I will say that if the nats had 200mil on the table, we probably would have had to have been above that to lure him away and then you start to get into it no longer being the 'bargain' of the offseason.  

I kinda get the sense, actually, that we weren't going to have a great chance to get him.  We checked in although I am not sure if we made an offer yet it seems that the Halos got a sense they were going to have to do more than everyone else to be considered. 

I would have gone as high as $230 for him given certain circumstances. Ultimately you very well may be right with regards to why him and Zobrist chose the Cubs over us, and that speaks quite strongly towards the disfunction of the Angels organization recently.

Anaheim used to be a very desirable place to come and play 10 years ago. Today we have the best player in baseball but we have to overpay as if we were the Minnesota effing Twins.

Cubs are paying Heyward 3/75M for 3 years ... if he doesn't opt out it becomes a bad contract. If he does opt out they have to bid for his services again.

Nice deal for Heyward

Bargain of the off season?

I haven't seen the terms and structure of the deal, but with that $/year amount, even with multiple opt out clauses it would seem to be a nice return for the Cubs.