• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Good news ... Angels are not on Papelbon's no trade list.

Papelbon can block deals to the following clubs: the Athletics, Blue Jays, Brewers, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Giants, Indians, Marlins, Orioles, Phillies, Pirates, Rangers, Rockies, Tigers, Twins, White Sox and Yankees. The league’s remaining teams can acquire the controversial veteran without his approval.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Good news ... Angels are not on Papelbon's no trade list.

Papelbon can block deals to the following clubs: the Athletics, Blue Jays, Brewers, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Giants, Indians, Marlins, Orioles, Phillies, Pirates, Rangers, Rockies, Tigers, Twins, White Sox and Yankees. The league’s remaining teams can acquire the controversial veteran without his approval.

Mlbtraderumors.com

If you were negotiating a major league contract, I bet you'd have a clause in there that would allow you to hang out in the opposing players dugout between innings.  

Edited by Dochalo

I certainly hope they aren't. WAR is a seriously flawed stat.

i agree that it's not the end all be all, and i've said that here previously, but i 100% guarantee that FO are using it and others in their evaluations. it's a hell of a lot better than traditional scouting.

Edited by ukyah

Papelbon is the only player I have never wanted to see on this team. There have been others who I thought the same of, Puig, Hamilton (before he actually played here), Bonds, A-Rod but I would waver on all those at times.

Not Papelbon. Ever since I saw him dance his little stupid celebratory jig. He could be the Second Coming of Mariano Rivera and I would find more joy waiting for us to beat him once out of 50 games than have him as our closer.

Oops, that was a fau paux on my part.

I will predict he will get 12 years and $420 million, with an opt out at age 30, and a lot of the money will be upfront, so if he opts out he will still get a good chunk of the value of the contract. Obviously that kind of contract will only happen if he puts together another year or two like last year.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Source: Dodgers, White Sox nearing a trade. Top pitching prospect Frankie Montas is going to Los Angeles, so it could be pretty big.

Hmmm. Puig? If Dodgers trade an OFer, they'll be entering the FA OF market with authority

Puig and Abreu as teammates make a lot of sense if you are worried about Puig's personality.