• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

Yeah I know that. Should've clarified I meant a more natural position for him now. That was also before he put on a ton of weight and it's pretty clear he's more suited for 1st base at this point in his career.

It'll keep more less injury prone as well.

Cabrera was fatter as a Marlin.

Also, for all the crap people shovel out about Cabrera's defense at 3rd (-1.5 dWAR) he was just fractions better as a 1st baseman.

On the other hand Fielder is pretty bad as a defensive 1st baseman. Last season he had a -2.3 dWAR which almost nullifies his offensive 2.5 oWAR. And don't pull the divorce card, this was average for his defense at the position which ranks him at the bottom of AL 1st baseman.

Trumbo ranked middle of the pack defensively at 1st (-0.7) so maybe the Rangers made the wrong deal if they were looking for a power hitter that can field his position.

Cabrera was fatter as a Marlin.

Also, for all the crap people shovel out about Cabrera's defense at 3rd (-1.5 dWAR) he was just fractions better as a 1st baseman.

On the other hand Fielder is pretty bad as a defensive 1st baseman. Last season he had a -2.3 dWAR which almost nullifies his offensive 2.5 oWAR. And don't pull the divorce card, this was average for his defense at the position which ranks him at the bottom of AL 1st baseman.

Trumbo ranked middle of the pack defensively at 1st (-0.7) so maybe the Rangers made the wrong deal if they were looking for a power hitter that can field his position.

Was anybody saying that the divorce effected Fielder defensively? His value has always been at the plate.

Vlad was slammed here.  (Probably before your time)

It's an expensive gamble on Texas' behalf and they are thrilled to rid themselves of Fielders' contract.

Time will tell

Yes, go ahead and keep assuming that everyone who disagrees with you must not be as true a fan as you.  I've been following this team for 30 years, so why don't you give the condescending attitude a break.

What I saw from him last year I wasn't impressed. Hitting minor league pitching and at a young age does not translate into becoming a stud major leaguer. After all....

That and the difference between Moreland at 1B in 2013 and Fielder isn't much different in production. Losing Kinsler who has been their rock atop their lineup and has demonstrated power and speed will be sorely missed if Profar is a bust or falls well short of Kinsler's production.

Again, this was more of a win for Detroit IMO than the Rangers who have a shit ton of money tied up into Fielder and need a C, LF and hope to get another arm this offseason.

At one time you thought Profar was the stuff. So much so, you traded Trout for him. Maybe Profar just needed to get his rookie year out of the way. Apparently Texas still believes in him. I hope you're right though. As far as the overall deal goes, I agree that Detroit made out slightly better.  

Protection is a myth in baseball; it should have been required for Derek Jeter when he dated Jessica Alba.

Ha. I don't know about that. No pitcher in baseball wants to put a runner on knowing the guy behind him could easily make it a two run at bat. Even worse would be if the third guy can rake. Any pitcher staring down a good 1-2, or 1-2-3 punch has no choice but to pitch to them at some point. 

Yes, go ahead and keep assuming that everyone who disagrees with you must not be as true a fan as you.  I've been following this team for 30 years, so why don't you give the condescending attitude a break.

Lolz at talking years of baseball fandom with Bruce. It's like telling Wilt Chamberlain you've dated some chicks in your day.

All PrLOLfar at this stage is hype. Until he performs on the field at the major league level that's all there will ever be.

he had a bad season but generally 20 year olds don't do well in the big leagues. There's not very many mike trouts and Ken griffey juniors...i think calling him a bust right now is a little shortsighted.

he could and most likely will develop into a very solid player

Yes, go ahead and keep assuming that everyone who disagrees with you must not be as true a fan as you. I've been following this team for 30 years, so why don't you give the condescending attitude a break.

I think Bruce was talking about posting here/on the main board, not your actual fandom.

Though to be fair, Bruce was there when Abner Doubleday's father got his first erection. He's been a fan longer than you have.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/rangers-move-pieces-around-outcome-to-be-determined/

Solid article from Dave Cameron over at Fangraphs, which i pretty much agree with. Fielder helps their hole at 1st base but Profar is a downgrade at least in the short term so overall it's basically a wash and the Ranger have to pay a lot more money. 

I'd like to point our that a lot of people who were optimistic about Blanton are also optimistic about this hurting Texas. I prefer level-headedness and realism over an optimistic fan.

I hated the Blanton signing,. I hated the Wells trade (thought it was one of the worst trades ever made). And I think the Rangers have made a really dumb move. Am I not being level-headed in this?

Most people agree that it's a good trade for both teams and one of the more exciting ones in recent years.  I absolute hate the way people use ZIPS projections, especially for unproven players like Profar. Dave Cameron is usually a reasonable person but seems convinced that Fielder is done (what?) after one down year which is just silly.

Edited by sneaky_flute