• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

He wasn't exactly a world beater in the regular season either.

Feel free to screencap this post so you can all laugh at me when he hits a walkoff against Frieri next year.

look, I'm not saying Fielder is the same hitter he once was.  But he'll be hitting in a ballpark that suits him, he's still relatively young, they're getting him at a relatively decent salary, and it opens up a position for one of the top prospects in the game (Chuck's weird bias aside).  It's a good move for the Rangers. They most likely just got better, if not a lot better.  And yet there are posters on here acting like they made a bad move or are somehow worse off.  

In 4 years in the post season, Fielder has been a stiff and look at where he was batting in the order.

You guys can lather up over Prince's previous numbers, but why are the Detroit fans applauding this trade?

And, J Shep look at the Fielders's 2013 stats and tell me where you're impressed.  The 25 HRs?  The less than .900 OPS?

In short, Tigers and Rangers helped each other out. Rangers have Fielder for a very reasonable contract and are in great shape short term and long term

Meanwhile, none of this really matters to the Halos since they aren't going anywhere unless they can pitch anyway.

that about sums it up!

In 4 years in the post season, Fielder has been a stiff and look at where he was batting in the order.

You guys can lather up over Prince's previous numbers, but why are the Detroit fans applauding this trade?

And, J Shep look at the Fielders's 2013 stats and tell me where you're impressed.  The 25 HRs?  The less than .900 OPS?

Bruce, for years Vlad sucked in the playoffs.  Does that mean he wasn't a great player or that a team trading for him would have been screwed? No.  A few games at the end of a season mean pretty much nothing in terms of a player's ability.  

Did Prince set the world on fire in 2013?  No. But he's still just 29, and there's a good chance it was somewhat attributable to off the field personal issues.  Look at the short porch in right field in Arlington.  There's a decent to good chance that he has a bounceback season in 2014, and even if he doesn't, he'll be replicating what they got from Moreland last year, while freeing themselves of Kinsler and opening up a spot for, again, one of the best prospects in the game.  Good move.

Yep, unless it was an Angel player and then you a-holes would be all over his stats.

Ha? I'd don't even know what you're talking. Nice attempt to accuse me of the very thing that you are clearly doing in this topic. Congratulations.

Apparently having the ability to be objective and review things is a false belief in some.

Fielder's 2013 wasn't very good. It does still represent an upgrade(albeit an expensive one) over what the Rangers would get out of Mitch Moreland and company. And you could certainly justify optimism that Prince Fielder is better than that, especially given he's still sub-30 and was dealing with personal issues last year. He's also moving from Comerica Park to Arlington, which should help.

As far as why Detroit fans are excited about this? Well, they've just saved money they can use towards locking up someone like Scherzer. They've also filled a position of need, are moving Miguel Cabrera off a position where he really couldn't play to begin with and was taking it's toll on his body, and they have a spot for one of their top prospects to play. Oh, and with some recency bias in terms of Fielder's performance mixed in there for good measure, I would guess.

I don't even necessarily LOVE this trade for the Rangers(although I don't think they got screwed either), but they did just get what should be a pretty good bat for a not-obscene sum and opened up an everyday job for one of the top prospects in baseball.

Edited by jshep

Bruce, for years Vlad sucked in the playoffs.  Does that mean he wasn't a great player or that a team trading for him would have been screwed? No.  A few games at the end of a season mean pretty much nothing in terms of a player's ability.  

Did Prince set the world on fire in 2013?  No. But he's still just 29, and there's a good chance it was somewhat attributable to off the field personal issues.  Look at the short porch in right field in Arlington.  There's a decent to good chance that he has a bounceback season in 2014, and even if he doesn't, he'll be replicating what they got from Moreland last year, while freeing themselves of Kinsler and opening up a spot for, again, one of the best prospects in the game.  Good move.

Vlad was slammed here.  (Probably before your time)

It's an expensive gamble on Texas' behalf and they are thrilled to rid themselves of Fielders' contract.

Time will tell

Now the Rangers have their Albert Pujols.

Guess we can scratch Detroit from the potential destination list for Howie Kendrick.

Nobody has another Albert Pujols other than probably the Yankees with A-rod. Fielder is 4 years younger, under contract for 1 less year and with Texas he'll be making a good $6 mill less a year than Pujols will

Holy hell! I just turned it to ESPN to watch the Knicks-Pacers game go into OT and I saw this on the bottom line! This trade just makes me hate both teams a little more. Unlike others I don't think it'll be that big of a deal since I think Pujols and Hamilton will have good years. If we get some pitching I still think we can finish ahead of them. Arte better be figuring out a way to respond with a Price or Tanaka and not a Cano. Thanks a lot, Detroit!

Holy hell! I just turned it to ESPN to watch the Knicks-Pacers game go into OT and I saw this on the bottom line! This trade just makes me hate both teams a little more. Unlike others I don't think it'll be that big of a deal since I think Pujols and Hamilton will have good years. If we get some pitching I still think we can finish ahead of them. Arte better be figuring out a way to respond with a Price or Tanaka and not a Cano. Thanks a lot, Detroit!

Texas probably has the second best pitching staff in the league and hopefully their offensive boost will compensate for shitty Ron Washington.