• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

Detroit is going to be scary good next year.

Why? Their pitching will be the same as this year- very good. But they will lose some offense even with Castellanos and Kinsler replacing Prince and Infante. They have to rely on a guy who could barely hit AAA pitching at SS (very good defensively, I'll give him that). Also Torii and V-Mart are getting older. 

Tigers are sending less than $50 million total to Rangers, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me. @FOXSportsLive

So

Fielder:  14-20, $24 million annually.  $168 million left.   

Kinsler:  4+1 left.  $16/16/14/11.  $5 mil buyout.  $62 million left.  + less than $50 million.  

$56 million+ can go a long way.

According to my admittedly crude calculations the Rangers should be getting back a total of $37,000,000 or so unless there are other players/propsects involved. That $37,000,000 will probably be spread out over the remainder of Fielder's contract.

Edit: I hadn't even gotten past page 1 of this thread. $30,000,000 is actually better for the Tigers I think.

Edited by ettin

I don't think Fielder is as washed up as some people do, but the people panicking about this must not have watched any postseason baseball this year.  He was Brandon Wood-esque at the plate.

what he did in 10 games in the postseason has very little bearing on what he could potentially do over the course of 162 in the regular season, which is what will make a difference in the Angels making the playoffs.

Edited by WallyWorld

He was dealing with a divorce last season. He's still in his prime at age 29. He's gonna rake for Texas. Their offense just got better and that doesn't even take into account the growth from Profar who has 20/20 potential at a middle infield position

they're a force and will continue to be a force in the division for years.

He was dealing with a divorce last season. He's still in his prime at age 29. He's gonna rake for Texas. Their offense just got better and that doesn't even take into account the growth from Profar who has 20/20 potential at a middle infield position

they're a force and will continue to be a force in the division for years.

b-b-b-b-b-ut, i heard he was as bad as Vernon Wells?  :rolleyes:

what he did in 10 games in the postseason has very little bearing on what he could potentially do over the course of 162 in the regular season, which is what will make a difference in the Angels making the playoffs.

He wasn't exactly a world beater in the regular season either.

Feel free to screencap this post so you can all laugh at me when he hits a walkoff against Frieri next year.