• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

Fielder for Kinsler blockbuster is agreed to

November 20, 2013 7:44 pm ET

The Rangers and Tigers have agreed on a blockbuster deal to send Prince Fielder to Texas forIan Kinsler, pending CBSSports.com has learned.

There could be another player involved in the trade as potential well, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Physicals would be needed if the trade id completed.

The Rangers made a play for Fielder when he was a free agent a couple years ago before the Tigers signed him for $214 million over nine years.

Trading Kinsler would open second base for Jurickson Profar. Texas has been looking for added punch to its lineup.

The Tigers had been floating Max Scherzer as a trade possibility. But a deal of Fielder could possibly free up extra cash to try to sign Scherzer long-term.

Fielder has a limited no-trade clause, but it isn't known if it includes Texas.

Why?

I doubt Profar will equal Kinsler's production and while Moreland missed quite a few games with injury this past season, he still hit 23 HR, 2 less than Prince Fielder.

Profar is one of the most overhyped prospects in the game right now IMHO.

I don't see much more than an Adam Kennedy type MI in him at best.

No one knows how a prospect is going to perform in the majors, but how can you make that assessment? Most people think he will be good.

I wrote on here a little awhile back that prince had a down year. Someone said he was going through a bad divorce.

If that was the case, he could be a nice rebound in texas. I still don't get why the tigers would do that though? Kinsler isn't getting better, and he's not cheap. I'd think they would want to keep him and mcab together and go for a cheaper option (daniel murphys name keeps coming up)