• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

Geeze.  

Fielder:  14-20, $24 million annually.  $168 million left.  Last year .819 OPS, career 916 OPS.  

Kinsler:  4+1 left.  $16/16/14/11.  $5 mil buyout.  $62 million left.  Last year .757 OPS, career .803 OPS.

Also, didn't realize how much of a bandbox Tigger stadium was.  1.139 in runs, 1.013 in HR's.  Where Texas is at a 0.985 Runs and 0.903 HR.  

If it's straight up, that is a bunch of salary changing hands.  With a lot going to Texas, and a declining Fielder going to a stadium not as friendly offensively.  Ok, I'm for it.  

Geeze.  

Fielder:  14-20, $24 million annually.  $168 million left.  Last year .819 OPS, career 916 OPS.  

Kinsler:  4+1 left.  $16/16/14/11.  $5 mil buyout.  $62 million left.  Last year .757 OPS, career .803 OPS.

Also, didn't realize how much of a bandbox Tigger stadium was.  1.139 in runs, 1.013 in HR's.  Where Texas is at a 0.985 Runs and 0.903 HR.  

If it's straight up, that is a bunch of salary changing hands.  With a lot going to Texas, and a declining Fielder going to a stadium not as friendly offensively.  Ok, I'm for it.  

Tiger Stadium isn't that much of a bandbox. They just happen to have good hitters. That Cabrera kid is pretty decent.

Then we trade them Trumbo for Fister

Miggy goes back to 1B with Castellanos playing 3B. They'd have no need for Trumbo at all

If I'm a Tigers fan I'd be hoping this goes down. This helps them so much. Gets them a 2B they need, helps move Miggy back to 1B so he can stay healthier(got beat up this past year), allows their 3B prospect Castellanos to have an opening now and perhaps frees up enough cash for them to lock Scherzer up

Deal works for Texas to as they free up a spot for Profar and get a big bat at 1B which they need

Edited by bloodbrother

Fielder hit one more home run at home than he did on the road (13 HR at home/12 HR away).

He cut down on his swing which resulted in fewer strikeouts, but less home runs. He may hit 5 more home runs in Texas, but fatty will wither away in the Texas heat. He hit 25 last season.

We should offer the Tigers Kendrick and Frieri for Scherzer trade better.

They get a reliever they desperately want (Frieri is not a closer IMO) and a offensive-minded 2B in Kendrick.

We give Lindsay the job and sign/trade 3 very good relievers, sign Vargas to a decent 2 year deal with an option for the 3rd year.

I don't think I've ever heard of a trade making THIS MUCH SENSE for both teams involved.  Dangerous for the Halos if it ever happens. 

Why?

I doubt Profar will equal Kinsler's production and while Moreland missed quite a few games with injury this past season, he still hit 23 HR, 2 less than Prince Fielder.

Profar is one of the most overhyped prospects in the game right now IMHO.

I don't see much more than an Adam Kennedy type MI in him at best.