• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

They are applauding this because it means Miggy back to 1B and extending Miggy and Scherzer.  Period.

And who was behind the scenes orchestrating this trade and probably even suggesting the money that the Tigers should kick in to the Rangers?

Scott Boras (who stands to win a lot if Scherzer signs an extension)

As an aside I think the Tigers got off easy on the money too by about $5-10 million.

lol @ some Angels fans getting their panties in a wad over this trade. If anything, the Rangers didn't get better, they remained the same.

They still need to get a catcher, re-sign Nelson Cruz, replace Garza, get a LF and hope that Jurickson Profar isn't a bust. I think he is, but at best will be well below what Kinsler provided offensively over the years when the Rangers did get to the playoffs.

Right now the Beltre/Fielder 1-2 punch doesn't strike fear into me and their rotation outside of Darvish isn't that great. Perez and Holland are decent, but not lights out. Harrison and the rest of their staff are question marks going into the season and one has to wonder if Perez can repeat after his 2013 debut.

Welp in that case, he might as well just retire now.

He would be the first player EVER to improve after their first taste of the majors, after all...

What I saw from him last year I wasn't impressed. Hitting minor league pitching and at a young age does not translate into becoming a stud major leaguer. After all....

That and the difference between Moreland at 1B in 2013 and Fielder isn't much different in production. Losing Kinsler who has been their rock atop their lineup and has demonstrated power and speed will be sorely missed if Profar is a bust or falls well short of Kinsler's production.

Again, this was more of a win for Detroit IMO than the Rangers who have a shit ton of money tied up into Fielder and need a C, LF and hope to get another arm this offseason.

It was his first season and he was only 20 years old though. WAy too soon to know how he'll develop. We just know that he has immense potential since he was getting regular playing time at such a young age

Texas did well to buy low on Fielder after a down year

All PrLOLfar at this stage is hype. Until he performs on the field at the major league level that's all there will ever be.

Nobody has another Albert Pujols other than probably the Yankees with A-rod. Fielder is 4 years younger, under contract for 1 less year and with Texas he'll be making a good $6 mill less a year than Pujols will

And Pujols isn't 300 pounds. At some point that will catch up with Fielder. I'm betting that it's during the current contract.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I still like Pujols over the next few years over Fielder if he's truly healthy. Beyond that, I don't know. But of the two, I have more faith in Pujols performing at a higher level at the DH spot toward the end of both of their contracts. I think Fielder will wither away in that Texas summer heat and his weight will continue to be an issue and risk for injury.

I find it kind of odd how some here are simultaneously convinced that 2013 Fielder is all you'll get at this point, and that Pujols and Hamilton will get better than they have been.

Also, wasn't Kinsler overrated and signed to a bad contract like a matter of weeks ago?

Edited by jshep

I find it kind of odd how some here are simultaneously convinced that 2013 Fielder is all you'll get at this point, and that Pujols and Hamilton will get better than they have been.

Also, wasn't Kinsler overrated and signed to a bad contract like a matter of weeks ago?

I find it odd that you're an Angels fan on an Angels website and you fail to have an ounce of optimism toward the supposed team you root for or their players, but are not skeptical at all of opposing teams players or deals.

I find it odd that you're an Angels fan on an Angels website and you fail to have an ounce of optimism toward the supposed team you root for or their players, but are not skeptical at all of opposing team's players or deals.

Lol.

For the record, I'm optimistic about Pujols at least in the short term. Hamilton, maybe less so, but I don't think he's this bad either.

I must have missed where being an Angels' fan means I'm supposed to just automatically assume that the team who's cleaned our clocks for a few years now is suddenly going to suck for some reason and every move they make is going to flop and cripple them, though.

Appreciate the Super-Fan Complex on full display there, though.

Edited by jshep

I love Prince in that park, and 19M a year for him isn't bad. I also love Profar as player.

Tigers get what they need and improve on D tremendously.

He may do a little better in that park, but he's also playing in three pitcher friendly parks now in the AL West. I don't see how his numbers will rise, or that Profar will equal the type of production they got from Kinsler over the years.

All guessing game at this point. It was a better deal for the Tigers because they have money to sign Scherzer, move Cabrera to 1B and pay him, plus move their top prospect to 3B and hope he can hit major league pitching. But Kinsler will be an upgrade over Infante.

fun trade. 

I have to give Texas the edge on this one.

Detroit is a graveyard to CF which had a huge effect on Prince

He was going thru a nasty divorce

Kinsler is a productive player but not at 4/100 mil. 

Fielder is a bargain at 7/138 at age 30-36

The Cabrera move to first is overblown imo.  It would have happened next year anyway with Victor Martinez coming off the books.  Castellanos is on 21 and easily could have spent another year in AAA or as a util/2b and backup to Cabrera at 2b.  He'd have gotten plenty of abs

I would be very reluctant to make any judgements on Profar at this point. 

Fielder will hit about 40-45hrs next year. 

If payroll made me choose between Fielder or Scherzer, then I don't blame Detroit, but their lineup just got worse

Prince is going to make everyone in the lineup better. 

Lol.

For the record, I'm optimistic about Pujols at least in the short term. Hamilton, maybe less so, but I don't think he's this bad either.

I must have missed where being an Angels' fan means I'm supposed to just automatically assume that the team who's cleaned our clocks for a few years now is suddenly going to suck for some reason and every move they make is going to flop and cripple them, though.

Appreciate the Super-Fan Complex on full display there, though.

lol at me being a super fan. I'm as critical as the next guy of the team and its woes over the past four years. That said, I see no reason not be optimistic of where our team will be coming out of spring training with the type of owner we have, a GM who I really like and the core players we already have.

Call me a super fan, I see it as super excited to see our team on the field in 2014. I believe Dipoto will get this team where it needs to be this offseason, meanwhile I fail to see where the Rangers have upgraded.