• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers trade Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

Scott34

Detroit is a graveyard to CF which had a huge effect on Prince

Fielder will hit about 40-45hrs next year. 

Prince has the type of power that can hit them out of any park. The reason for the drop in HR totals was to decrease his strikeouts he said this past season. Yet, he struck out a lot more this past season than he did in 2012.

Fielder hit one more HR at home than on the road in 2013. In 2012 he hit 18 HR at home, 12 on the road. Last I checked they play 81 games at home and 81 on the road. I don't see why he's guaranteed to hit 10-20 more HR's now that he's in Texas.

But.....if we were able to trade Pujols and 50mil to Cinnci for Brandon Phillips, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Ha, only if Brandon Phillips was a third baseman and it allowed us to sign a Max Scherzer type and not have to trade him.

I honestly have high hopes for Pujols this next season and beyond. People forget what he did for us after his opening debacle in 2012. In May till Sept he was vintage Pujols. We saw a guy playing on one leg this past season and he still put up numbers that would have bested Prince Fielder's 2013 campaign.

Ha, only if Brandon Phillips was a third baseman and it allowed us to sign a Max Scherzer type and not have to trade him.

I honestly have high hopes for Pujols this next season and beyond. People forget what he did for us after his opening debacle in 2012. In May till Sept he was vintage Pujols. We saw a guy playing on one leg this past season and he still put up numbers that would have bested Prince Fielder's 2013 campaign.

I have high hopes as well.  I am a believer that Albert will have 3-4 years of .850-900 ops, but the last 4-5 years is gonna be pretty brutal. 

I still think that park will really help Prince though. 

lol at me being a super fan. I'm as critical as the next guy of the team and its woes over the past four years. That said, I see no reason not be optimistic of where our team will be coming out of spring training with the type of owner we have, a GM who I really like and the core players we already have.

Call me a super fan, I see it as super excited to see our team on the field in 2014. I believe Dipoto will get this team where it needs to be this offseason, meanwhile I fail to see where the Rangers have upgraded.

Looks like you're still on the I hate Scioscia bandwagon. Good to hear that Dipoto and Arte will get the team to the playoffs.

Good stuff

Looks like you're still on the I hate Scioscia bandwagon. Good to hear that Dipoto and Arte will get the team to the playoffs.

Good stuff

Never said I hated Scioscia, but that a change was in order. It now looks like he and Dipoto are on the same page and I'm hopeful he helps the Angels become successful in 2014. If he doesn't lead the Angels to the playoffs this next season I'm sure he and Dipoto will be gone.

Bruce, I get where you're trying to go with your argument but Prince is a very big upgrade over Moreland at 1st. 

Moreland was the 2nd worst qualified first baseman and Prince was still better than the likes of Adrian Gonzalez, Eric Hosmer and James Loney. And that was on a very down year for him. 

If people are optimistic Pujols and Hamilton will bounce back, I think it's fair to say Fielder can bounce back as well. 

lol at me being a super fan. I'm as critical as the next guy of the team and its woes over the past four years. That said, I see no reason not be optimistic of where our team will be coming out of spring training with the type of owner we have, a GM who I really like and the core players we already have.

Call me a super fan, I see it as super excited to see our team on the field in 2014. I believe Dipoto will get this team where it needs to be this offseason, meanwhile I fail to see where the Rangers have upgraded.

Now what gives you this optimism? What have Dipoto and Moreno done in the past 2 seasons to give you this kind of hope? What makes you think we'll be coming out of Spring Training as a different team compared to the last 2 Spring Trainings? 

This is when optimism takes a turn for the worse.

I don't see Kinsler doing much for Detroit, but it allows them to secure their rotation and lock them up. I think Kinsler benefitted a lot from the Arlington ballpark, the same way Prince is going to benefit from it. Any Angels' fan who thinks Prince can't turn it around is insane. He's only 29 and he went through a lot of off the field drama. If he can straighten that out, he'll be fine. Like some others have stated, if Hamilton and Pujols can rebound, so can Prince.

Now what gives you this optimism? What have Dipoto and Moreno done in the past 2 seasons to give you this kind of hope? What makes you think we'll be coming out of Spring Training as a different team compared to the last 2 Spring Trainings? 

Instead of Blanton, he's going to sign Arroyo!

LOL. You are a good fan, not a super fan. Well said, Chuck. You are very objective and a realist. People know that I am not one to pass up criticizing, but I always look forward to ST and am optimistic for the coming season. A fresh start, baseball, and plenty of possibilities and variables. What does it hurt to be optimistic? Once ST is well underway, then we will have a barometer. Pitching needs shoring up, that much is certain, but I will let the offseason play out first and look forward to Spring Training.

Edited by EDinTUSTIN

Now what gives you this optimism?

Let's see. We have the best player in baseball. Pujols is coming back 100% healthy. One logical mind has to think Hamilton will be much better than what he showed in 2013. I like our core in Kendrick, Trumbo, Bourjos, Conger, Weaver, Wilson, Richards and Calhoun besides Trout-Pujols-Hamilton and one has to think Arte/Dipoto get this team where it needs to be come the start of the season.

What have Dipoto and Moreno done in the past 2 seasons to give you this kind of hope?

They only signed the best player in baseball, signed the best FA on the market, went out and traded for a reliever (Frieri) and signed a catcher in Iannetta, traded Morales for Vargas, then followed that up with signing Josh Hamilton. All of these *major* moves were praised by not only the fans at the time, but also sports writers and everyone and their mom on the MLB Network. Dipoto gambled on Hanson and Blanton, it didn't work, but I agreed with his line of thinking in that they could give us innings and our offense would carry us to a potential 90+ win season behind a healthy Bourjos, Weaver and Vargas, yet that wasn't the case as each of those three were out for a significant time.

What makes you think we'll be coming out of Spring Training as a different team compared to the last 2 Spring Trainings?

Because I believe this team is 2-3 pieces away from being a championship caliber club. I believe Dipoto will right the shit with regards to both the bullpen and rotation, without hurting our offense. 

Let me ask you this? Were the Oakland A's fans stoked going into their last two spring trainings? Yet they won ball games. The Boston Red Sox were picked to finish 4th in the AL East after all the salary dumping they did in 2012. They won the ****ing World Series.

No, this is when being a fan of a team supersedes the team we have on paper, or who had the better offseason. Hope springs eternal.

Looks like fans from both teams aren't thrilled with the trade.

I can't see how any Detroit fans are unhappy. How could they be?

This moves Cabrera back to his natural position where he's less of a liability, allows a better defender in Castellanos to slide in at 3rd, and frees up money for the extensions they'll need for Scherzer and Cabrera. I would be ecstatic if I was a Tigers fan.