• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

49 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agree they didn't really lose anything but not sure its that clear of an upgrade.... They basically replaced Frazier with a year older version of Frazier.

Career.

K Wong -.261/.334/.398 - .732 -- 99 OPS+

Frazier - .273/.336/.392 - .728 -- 99 OPS+

So, they gained a bit defensively, maybe lose a bit flexibility wise, but seems like a lateral move.  Also makes it so we likely see more moves from JD which is always entertaining.

Free Agent Aledmys  266/320/443   -763 -- 105 maybe he would be option for Angels

I thought Wong could’ve fit for the Angels at 2B, but I figured that wasn’t gonna happen once they got Renfroe.

I don’t know if there’s actual data that lends credence to this theory but, anecdotally, it seems like you’d teams would be less likely to make a second trade with each other after they’ve already made one trade with each other during a single offseason.

16 minutes ago, jordan said:

That no state income tax is pretty enticing.  

I saw an exercise that showed that Judge would take home about 1mil more, theoretically, if he signed with the Yankees instead of the Giants for the same deal.  I can only imagine how much more deGrom will take home by playing in a no tax state.  That obviously only applies to a chunk of his games, not all, but certainly more than enough.

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I saw an exercise that showed that Judge would take home about 1mil more, theoretically, if he signed with the Yankees instead of the Giants for the same deal.  I can only imagine how much more deGrom will take home by playing in a no tax state.  That obviously only applies to a chunk of his games, not all, but certainly more than enough.

Well, half of his games are home, obviously. Then also have the Astros, plus Rays, Marlins, and Mariners in states with no income tax. So it adds up.

I think that's a ridiculously retarded move by the Rangers. He's 35 this year and hasn't pitched over 100 innings since 2019.

He's definitely one of, if not, the best pitcher in baseball when healthy but thats a god damn big if. Gonna suck for anyone to face him in the AL West.

I'm still more worried about the Angels than the Rangers.

16 minutes ago, mmc said:

This strikes me as an attempt to get the Dodgers more involved with bidding.  Don't see why the Padres, who will get Tatis back, would offer a huge deal to Turner.  If they can lure the Dodgers in to the bidding, then they can try to squeeze more out of the Phillies, who are the heavy favorites to sign him.

18 minutes ago, mmc said:

If the Padres landed a SS, maybe Ha-Seong Kim would be available as a SS option.

As an aside, I wanted the Angels to pursue Kim last offseason and buy-low (potentially even getting the Padres to throw in a prospect to clear his salary) and then he went out and had a 3.7 fWAR season. Would’ve been nice.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

This strikes me as an attempt to get the Dodgers more involved with bidding.  Don't see why the Padres, who will get Tatis back, would offer a huge deal to Turner.  If they can lure the Dodgers in to the bidding, then they can try to squeeze more out of the Phillies, who are the heavy favorites to sign him.

Wonder if they have a trade partner lined up for tatis? Could be they are tired of the headache. 

Don't they plan on moving Tatis to either 1B or the OF? They don't want him at SS, want to reduce his injury risk. Even though he's a headache, I dont think they're ready to give up on him. SD wants to win now. Their fan base is revitalized and they've got great talent. They're ready to go all in. 

I haven't been following the offseason rumor mill. Is Philly really considered the favorites for Trea? Swanson to Chicago?