• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 hours ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

2024-25 FA class for starters is unreal. I'll take a Woodruff, Buehler, Burnes or Bieber please. 

Yup.  I suspect the Dodgers will extend/retain Buehler, but the other 3 currently pitch for teams that are incredibly unlikely to re-sign them.  It's possible they will trade them, though, before then.

• mmc changed the title to Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread (Verlander signs 2/$86M with NYM)
3 minutes ago, mmc said:

Would you guys make a trade around Sandoval and Arraez?

If the cost of one of Turner/Correa/Bogaerts is much higher than it would to sign Carlos Rodon.... Hell yeah you make that trade! 

But only if they sign a Sandoval type pitcher via FA, like a Rodon. 

So I’ve seen a couple rumors the the Dodgers plan on lying low this off-season and not to expect them to commit long term money this year in preparation at making a mega offer for Ohtani next off season.  

can we get this sale on the roll so we can get owners in here that are ok with keeping him please. 

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

So I’ve seen a couple rumors the the Dodgers plan on lying low this off-season and not to expect them to commit long term money this year in preparation at making a mega offer for Ohtani next off season.  

can we get this sale on the roll so we can get owners in here that are ok with keeping him please. 

The one hope I have with this is the Dodgers seem very averse to giving out long-term contracts to pitchers.  They have only opted to sign guys to very high AAV, short-term deals, a la the Bauer contract.  Even Kershaw only got 3 years many years ago under Friedman's watch.

The thing is though that Ohtani does not seem to be too interested in going for the highest contract, but rather, the best opportunity to win.  If the Dodgers are serious players, then .. that is definitely a concern.  They could offer him something like a 3/150 deal, or something with a record-setting AAV, and he could conceivably take it, even if he has much better offers on the table.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Couldn't you say the same thing about Sandoval, who is older than Arraez?

Sure, you could.  But we need to hang onto our good, young pitching.  It is much harder to find good, young pitching than it is good hitting at the positions he plays.  Arraez, while he is good at hitting for average, does not have that much power, but mainly occupies positions that are traditionally power-producing (1B, 3B, and some 2B).  If he played SS, I would be all for it, but he does not.

10 minutes ago, mmc said:

Couldn't you say the same thing about Sandoval, who is older than Arraez?

Sandoval also pitched well in 2021, albeit less innings.

As mentioned before, I get a Cole Hamels vibe.

Rodon would be a risk to sign long term.  Had the shoulder injury in 2020.

Edited by Angel Oracle