• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

56 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't think the Padres will have interest in a shortstop. Kim was a fantastic defender and had extended runs of production where he made good on all that upside. With time, you've got a gold glover with a solid bat. 

i'd be totally fine if the angels traded for kim as a starter. i really liked his game and enjoyed watching him play with the padres.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I don't think the Padres will have interest in a shortstop. Kim was a fantastic defender and had extended runs of production where he made good on all that upside. With time, you've got a gold glover with a solid bat. 

It's kinda  weird for them to meet twice in person with Trea Turner when they have no interest in him. 

59 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

It's kinda  weird for them to meet twice in person with Trea Turner when they have no interest in him. 

I assume you're being sarcastic, but I don't think that the possibility of Padres meeting with Turner without deep interest is completely crazy. Each team has a budget with a ceiling, which means their competitors have at least some motivation in their rivals overspending on a player. It can limit future moves. 

I think Padres might have legit interest in Turner. If they don't, it would be shrewd of them to posture interest and encourage the Dodgers or other teams to bid against themselves. 

9 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

It's hard to believe everything that is written, but even if that occurred, it is possible that:

1.  They may have interest in him but likely can't afford him

2.  They know the Dodgers are probably interested in retaining him, so if they appear legitimately interested, it might force the Dodgers to up their bid / spend more?

4 hours ago, Warfarin said:

2.  They know the Dodgers are probably interested in retaining him, so if they appear legitimately interested, it might force the Dodgers to up their bid / spend more?

I don't understand why people keep saying this, there's many other teams already doing this

36 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don't understand why people keep saying this, there's many other teams already doing this

Having your direct rival bid, especially the one that just beat you in the playoffs, will likely encourage a team to bid more than some random team in another league.