• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

39 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Wonder if they have a trade partner lined up for tatis? Could be they are tired of the headache. 

14 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Don't they plan on moving Tatis to either 1B or the OF? They don't want him at SS, want to reduce his injury risk. Even though he's a headache, I dont think they're ready to give up on him. SD wants to win now. Their fan base is revitalized and they've got great talent. They're ready to go all in. 

I haven't been following the offseason rumor mill. Is Philly really considered the favorites for Trea? Swanson to Chicago? 

I doubt they'd trade Tatis - that'd be a really hard contract to trade right now after his suspension.  

The Padres already have a luxury tax of about $230mil.  The Padres play in a decent market, but I highly doubt they'd add Turner and go above $260mil, especially if they intend to attempt to re-sign Soto when he's a free agent soon.  This seems like a ploy to get the Dodgers more involved, as yes - the Phillies are the favorites for Turner, who is believed to want to play on the east coast.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

This strikes me as an attempt to get the Dodgers more involved with bidding.  Don't see why the Padres, who will get Tatis back, would offer a huge deal to Turner.  If they can lure the Dodgers in to the bidding, then they can try to squeeze more out of the Phillies, who are the heavy favorites to sign him.

Tatis defense is not Shortstop quality and he did not play one game there last season and won't when he returns. They've tried hiding him in the outfield but he is probably a DH. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Tatis defense is not Shortstop quality and he did not play one game there last season and won't when he returns. They've tried hiding him in the outfield but he is probably a DH. 

Well, I mean .. he played 0 games last year, so yeah, he did not play one game there last year .. or anywhere, for that matter.  😛 

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

28 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Well, I mean .. he played 0 games last year, so yeah, he did not play one game there last year .. or anywhere, for that matter.  😛 

Tatis defense baseball is not Shortstop MLB quality and he did not play one game there last season and won't when he returns. They've tried hiding him in the outfield on the injured and suspended list but is probably a DH Walmart Greeter.

Edited by Lazorko Saves