• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If anything Perry might want to finalize the bullpen then approach the top FA SS to show they are the last piece needed to make a run.

In all honesty, most of these guys will ultimately go to the highest bidder.  I don't think we need to "prove" ourselves.  If we beat their highest offer, they would come, especially because we play in a rather ideal environment (SoCal) compared to most of the rest of the world.

7 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If anything Perry might want to finalize the bullpen then approach the top FA SS to show they are the last piece needed to make a run.

I very much doubt these premium SS are worried about what closer a team has.  They want money and whatever location they prefer.

“I would have signed with you but this other team had a better closer” is probably not at all in the equation. 

Edited by Dtwncbad

• mmc changed the title to Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread (Verlander signs 2/$86M with NYM, Turner to PHI)
  • mmc changed the title to Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread (Verlander signs 2/$86M with NYM, Trea Turner signs 11/$300M with PHI)

A lot of Turner's value is tied to his SS defense.  His contract is through his age 40 season.  Yikes.

All that said though, for those who want action, I suspect that this, along with the deGrom and Verlander deals, should accelerate the market.  

I am curious if people here would want Turner here on the contract he just signed?

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Phillies owner is worth slightly less than Arte and he's going over the tax. 

Every single one of these owners can go way over the luxury tax limit if they want.  Some owners want to win more than others and will spend to do so.  I think it just is what it is.  We already know Arte's priority.

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

A lot of Turner's value is tied to his SS defense.  His contract is through his age 40 season.  Yikes.

All that said though, for those who want action, I suspect that this, along with the deGrom and Verlander deals, should accelerate the market.  

I am curious if people here would want Turner here on the contract he just signed?

Yes

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

11 years brings the tax hit down, which is big for them since they're already over

They were over last year.  Right now, even with Turner's deal added, they are a little below 220mil.  They could conceivably stay under, although it depends on what they do the rest of the offseason obviously.

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

That sets the market somewhat. Over the last two years, Turner has been the most valuable of the four, although not by much over Correa and Bogaerts. 10/320 for Correa?

It'll be interesting to see how Correa's contract compares to Turner's.  IMO, Turner is the better of the two.  Bogaerts will definitely get less than the two of them.