• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I think the Lion dude literally sprays around as many random tidbits of info as possible.  If you scan his info, he has a LOT of Tweets about literally everyone.  It is easier to look "right" when you literally cite every possible rumor you can, lol.

This is pretty dang specific and two weeks before anything happened.  

14 minutes ago, jordan said:

This is pretty dang specific and two weeks before anything happened.  

Mmm.. I mean it is, but .. the Angels have made it known they are looking at relievers, and he was one of the top ones on the market.  He could very well have sources, but so far he has not actually had any kind of "breaking" news, but rather just linking names to teams that have a need and are looking to spend to fill that need.  I am skeptical.

What doesn’t pass sniff test for me with Lion is I can’t imagine someone that well-connected on that many teams/players would have time, interest, or motivation to tweet at this volume.

It’s one thing for one guy to have a source on a couple orgs, maybe an agent, to hear rumblings around some specific players and teams, but to have some chum to feed people on every team or player seems beyond the pale.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

What doesn’t pass sniff test for me with Lion is I can’t imagine someone that well-connected on that many teams/players would have time, interest, or motivation to tweet at this volume.

It’s one thing for one guy to have a source on a couple orgs, maybe an agent, to hear rumblings around some specific players and teams, but to have some chum to feed people on every team or player seems beyond the pale.

It Has to be Fucken Maddon. That guy got time to talk shit, write a book found a way to use twitter. It got to be him, Leaving in his RV, makign bank while drinking fine wine and posting these tweet. Got to be him! 

16 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I’m a believer in the Lion. At first I thought he was full of shit but he’s been pretty spot on

Even this morning he said things were going to get going today and we got Verlander and Turner news

The timing has been the most telling sign that they’re actually informed. He has seemed to be about 12 hours about significant things happening, even if it’s not something terribly significant or specific.

He also dropped Renfroe interest about a day before the trade.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So right after he tweeted the Cook Perry Cook he retweeted that Hendricks is being shopped. I can’t imagine we’d be in the market for him unless Stassi, Loup, Tepera or Fletchers money was going the other way.  

I am starting to think there’s a trade and a signing in the mix.

Angels sign Senga, deal Suarez+ for Arráez from Minnesota or Tim Anderson.

Or Angels sign Swanson, deal Rengifo for an arm. Hendrix. A package for López from Miami. Something to that effect.

Commit some money to fill SP/RP or SS, and trade from resulting surplus of that to fill the other need.

Edited by totdprods

19 minutes ago, mmc said:

So notably, in that regard, any team would effectively be acquiring Hendriks on a 2/29 deal, in terms of dollar commitment, given that his option becomes guaranteed.

I have to say I would very much like to have him in our pen.  A bullpen core of Hendriks, Estevez, Loup, Tepera, Herget, Quijada, and Barria sounds awfully good to me.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

Hendricks is filthy, but why would the Sox trade him while trying to compete?

Because a lot of the Central seems to "compete" in an odd way - trading away players as they near free agency and staying younger/inexpensive.  The White Sox have some nebulous comments about payroll that suggests that they might be reducing payroll, or at least staying stagnant at best.