• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s weird that Turner would take $27 million a year.  But it is 11 years. 

at that point it's just about the total number and not the number of years.  It actually helps the team by being longer.  It's kind of a mini deferral and helps with the tax threshold.  

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

I think we should buckle up for the Angels not to land a top FA SS.
We do this every year trying to justify how the Angels will do it, but always get disappointed. 

Angels will get a SS, but i'd imagine it'd be someone slightly better than Rengifo/Fletcher. 

Stop with realistically tempering our expectations!  How dare you attempt to alleviate our disappointment!

seriously though, it’s so true, so predictable, but we always have that glimmer of hope to latch onto….there’s still a chance!!!! Lol

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I think we should buckle up for the Angels not to land a top FA SS.
We do this every year trying to justify how the Angels will do it, but always get disappointed. 

Angels will get a SS, but i'd imagine it'd be someone slightly better than Rengifo/Fletcher. 

If we acquired, say, either Rosario or Anderson - would you be happy with them, or be disappointed?

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

If we acquired, say, either Rosario or Anderson - would you be happy with them, or be disappointed?

I'd be happy, but then i'd want the Angels to get stronger in other area since they'd likely be trading away good pieces for those guys.

Signing a top FA SS cuts into your pockets, but trading for one strengthens one area and likely weakens another. Angels aren't in position to trade away pitching depth. They've spent years trying to make it strong and they are almost there. 

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No TeAm CaN hAvE mOrE tHaN a CoUpLe Of BiG cOnTrAcTs

Exactly. 
Got the Phillies to the World Series and will be good for years to come. 
Owner is worth slightly less than Arte and isn't in the market that the Angels are in. 

Arte Moreno, for years, has had ZERO excuse for not doing the same thing.