• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Trading Sandy would just be straight stupid. We finally got a solid 2/3 in his prime with cheap control, and than the uncertainty around Othani after this season still existences.  Actually trading Sandy would be the same story over the past decade, No back up 2/3 that cheap, instead sign a big name free agent to fill his spot, and they do worse. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I said that I would trade Sandoval for the right SS if they signed a guy like Bassit.  So yea, if they signed Rodon, I would trade Sandoval for a SS with 3-4 years of control.  

I would too, but it's a rough thing to do. Having as much depth as possible in the rotation is extremely crucial. But, Sandoval's value might be peaking. Yikes.

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

I would too, but it's a rough thing to do. Having as much depth as possible in the rotation is extremely crucial. But, Sandoval's value might be peaking. Yikes.

Per BTV, a Sandoval for Adames swap is actually considered fair value.  Not 4 years of control, but 2 years of control of a very good SS.  FWIW.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

Per BTV, a Sandoval for Adames swap is actually considered fair value.  Not 4 years of control, but 2 years of control of a very good SS.  FWIW.

Yea, I have read that.  I have said I would make that trade, but the more I think about it the tougher it would be for me to make that move.  However I do think the Angels with Bassitt/Rodon and Adames is better than the Angels with Sandoval and Fletcher/Soto/Rengifo.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I have read that.  I have said I would make that trade, but the more I think about it the tougher it would be for me to make that move.  However I do think the Angels with Bassitt/Rodon and Adames is better than the Angels with Sandoval and Fletcher/Soto/Rengifo.  

They often say that a fair trade is one in which you feel a bit uncomfortable doing as a fan of that team.  Obviously it is easy to spit out "Adell for ____" type trades, but they are not realistic.  A Sandoval-for-Adames trade would be tough, but I do think it would be fair value, and I think I would ultimately pull the trigger on that despite feeling mixed feelings on how it will pan out.  We can, in turn, probably find a SP on the market to help replace Sandoval for now, and we do have a number of promising pitchers in the pipeline, so hopefully one (or two) of them can develop and take his spot.

I agree that FA SP + Adames > Sandoval + Fletcher/whomever.  That said, given we just traded some likely immediate SP depth (Junk), it seems unlikely we would trade a rotation mainstay at this point.

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

The market for starting pitching looks pretty insane. Perry did an amazing job locking in Anderson at the price he did.

Absolutely.  Anderson at 3/40 is a STEAL compared to the deals we are seeing.  I think Minasian is a very good GM, and I hope the new owner permits him to stay and fulfill his vision.  IMO, he is the best we have had in a very long time.

37 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

All kidding aside, it is nice to see the Astros lose Verlander, especially if he remains dominant.

Verlander to the Mets is a win for the Angels.

Not really

The Astros have pitching and now they’ll take that money they saved on Verlander and possibly add Contreras and another outfielder

Yeah, if that is what Rodon is asking for, I'd stay away. Personally I'd rather have Perry turn his attention to the Bp, we still need two late inning arms including a Closer.

I'm perfectly fine with the rotation and line-up that we have; 

R. Othani, Anderson,Sandy, Detmers, Suarez.

L: Ward,Trout,Othani, Rendon, Walsh, Renfoe, Rengifo, GIo, Stassi, Fle(?)

need to improve the Bp.

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Not really

The Astros have pitching and now they’ll take that money they saved on Verlander and possibly add Contreras and another outfielder

I am going with losing the most dominant starting pitcher in baseball isn’t good for your team, especially come playoff time. But that’s just me.

The only acceptable logical answer for trading Sandoval would be if you said you think his best days are behind him and that we should cash in while his value is high

Other than that give your head a shake. We’ve been pitching depleted since forever. Ohtani might be gone next season so to trade Sandoval for a bat and then lose Ohtani…

We’re right back to square one

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

I am going with losing the most dominant starting pitcher in baseball isn’t good for your team, especially come playoff time. But that’s just me.

I mean JV kinda sucked in the playoffs. Even if they lost him,  they still have Valdez, who we fucken can't hit and that other guy with the wierd Windup.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I call BS on the comment about the big four wanting to join clubs in better positions to contend.

Tons of free agents chase the money and many just okay where they want to play.

Further, adding an impact offensive SS makes the Angels a very competitive team immediately.

So BS.

I maybe overly optimistic but wouldn't a big four SS put us in a position to contend?

We have a bank up infielder in case Rendon goes down.   We have an average to above average LF.  We have added a starting pitcher.

Just now, stormngt said:

I maybe overly optimistic but wouldn't a big four SS put us in a position to contend?

We have a bank up infielder in case Rendon goes down.   We have an average to above average LF.  We have added a starting pitcher.

If anything Perry might want to finalize the bullpen then approach the top FA SS to show they are the last piece needed to make a run.